Anybody else scratch building tonight?

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Всем привет! Начат новый проект F-18 Super Hornet на основе чертежей Jetworks.
привет! самолет у тебя очень красивий. Я давно подумивал построить самолет по чертежам джэтворска.

Shurik-1960

I have a lot of pieces of 5mm styrofoam left from winter projects. The drawing of the MIG 3 with a span of 1.3 m lay printed and glued for more than 4 months. Today I cut out the details and almost glued the fuselage together. The project will be a long one: there is no 3mm foam that will be used for the fuselage skin, the manufacture of the wing, stabilizer and keel. I think the model will take to the air in early June. I plan a flight weight of up to 700 grams.

Attachments

• DSC00029.JPG
    DSC00029.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00030.JPG
    DSC00030.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00031.JPG
    DSC00031.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00032.JPG
    DSC00032.JPG
  • DSC00033.JPG
    DSC00033.JPG
  • Mig-3 Soviet Fighter Planta 130cm depron (1).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Shurik-1960

Add stripes along the leading edge of the wing on top and get better planning with the KFM2 profile.

Attachments

• MX-1-Wolverine.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • MX-1-Wolverine460x300.jpg
    MX-1-Wolverine460x300.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 0

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Began building my NGAD ( Next Generation Air Dominance) project for FF combat. Powered by a C pack
I am still considering what I want to do for my first FF Combat build. I have seen that losing visual is the most often issue, so any ideaas how to keep visual? or make the plane easier to spot in a flurry of others?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I am still considering what I want to do for my first FF Combat build. I have seen that losing visual is the most often issue, so any ideaas how to keep visual? or make the plane easier to spot in a flurry of others?
Don't stand next to someone flying something funny. You will watch it launch instead of yours. Boris the spider got a kill that way last year. LOL!

I had another plane last year that depending on the time of day I could not tell orientation. Ended up not flying one combat because I just new it wouldn't go well.

L Edge

Master member

How about 2 white strobe lights on the underside of the wing? But you know it will attract others to you very quickly. Or just go out there for the fun of it.

mastermalpass

Elite member

Do people often go up with elaborate streamers? ‘Cause I’m thinking a number of short metallic streamers and a glittery/sequinned fuselage making for a ‘dancing on ice’ get up might make your one easier to track.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Working on an enlarged Vincent Unrau B-17. Previously, I've been VERY slowly printing a 3D B-17 from 3DAeroadventures when I got impatient at how long it was taking. Why not enlarge the Unrau design by 138% to make it the same size and see if I could build a foamboard version faster?

I'm hoping to put round formers around the box frame for more realistic MS curves. Skinning will require some trial and error.

Attachments

• 20240505_113708.jpg
    20240505_113708.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240506_095816.jpg
    20240506_095816.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0