Introducing "Double Trouble"

L Edge

Master member
Going for a plane that doesn't exist and this is what I came up with when I was bored. Wanted a high alpha and a plane you could learn to hover and this is what I put together.

All you have to do is make 2 7" circles glued together, add a small square extended in the front(large enough to hold a battery internal)/ motor/prop in front and same square in the rear to have rudder/elevons. That way, airflow will be across all control surfaces that allows you to hover(spins like a top) and lets you just go out and just have fun. The front sort of reminds me of a double barrel shotgun. Hence the name.

Can give you pics and dimensions if you want to try to build. I used FFF, someone should try it with Adams board or other.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Going for a plane that doesn't exist and this is what I came up with when I was bored. Wanted a high alpha and a plane you could learn to hover and this is what I put together.

All you have to do is make 2 7" circles glued together, add a small square extended in the front(large enough to hold a battery internal)/ motor/prop in front and same square in the rear to have rudder/elevons. That way, airflow will be across all control surfaces that allows you to hover(spins like a top) and lets you just go out and just have fun. The front sort of reminds me of a double barrel shotgun. Hence the name.

Can give you pics and dimensions if you want to try to build. I used FFF, someone should try it with Adams board or other.

Two large Pringles cans!

L Edge

Master member
Two large Pringles cans!
Speaking of Pringles cans, saw where a forum's member ended up using Pringles cans for his EDF exhaust ducting that fit perfect. Didn't fit mine, so I ended up using Mother's Oatmeal paper round container and by reshaping, worked out to be strong and light for my 64mm. diameter.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Speaking of Pringles cans, saw where a forum's member ended up using Pringles cans for his EDF exhaust ducting that fit perfect. Didn't fit mine, so I ended up using Mother's Oatmeal paper round container and by reshaping, worked out to be strong and light for my 64mm. diameter.
I get a kick out of using "found" stuff like a plastic syrup jug for a motor cowl or a cheese danish container for a clear canopy.

Tench745

Master member
Reminds me of the guy who screwed a motor and wings onto a wiffle bat.

L Edge

Master member
Most obvious one that people don't think about and ignore the spray paint cover that they use to paint the aircraft. It is the perfect motor cowling (matching color) for things like a transport plane. All you need to do is redesign the motor strut as you build so when you cut out the circle on top of the spray so it fits over over the motor and mates with the foam motor strut. Retain the spray can top at every 90 degrees and you even can get airflow in between to cool the motor.