ERC TimSav - Cheap DIY CNC Foamboard Cutter

Flying Farm Kid

I really like the animations fusion 360 lets you do. To me it's way clearer than pictures and instructions.
For the 2nd y axis did you just use a splitter cable to route in the 2nd motor?
And in lazerweb is it possible to only generate the gcode once or do you have to do it the old way because right now I use a tool that does it all at once.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
And in lazerweb is it possible to only generate the gcode once or do you have to do it the old way because right now I use a tool that does it all at once.
The CNC shield has one red socket that can be slaved to move with the Y axis by putting in jumpers on the board. Laserweb lets you select different layers or colors and have different speeds and cut depths then process to gcode all at once.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Does anyone have a way of contacting Ben Harbor I want to erc his Stearman but you cant process the files that are posted does anyone have the files or a way of having him publish them? thanks
The plans are a raster image intended for printing only. (IP protection)
If you want to cnc the plans you'll need to trace them manually with vector software.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I use lightburn. There are several options available to use the raster images which may require some manual work, but work very well.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Here's the web site that explains configuring the 4th axis as a clone of the Y.

Edwardchew

Hi everyone!

Waw I'm amazed that this thread is still so lively!

Sorry about the screw type/size as I'm used to the metric system here

The shim and bearing were from here when I develop this. So you guys can conveniently get them here. It's always in stock.

Metric screws - you guys can source it from aliexpress

Hope I can make it to Flite Fest again next month if i could gather enough fund in time 😁

Cheers!

Flying Farm Kid

A few hours printing, now I just have to convince my parents to let me buy the rest of the parts to upgrade it lol.
IMG_0984.jpg