Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. SSHQuad FPV Mod

So I've been slacking a bit with doing my flight log videos. I think I have two days I need to edit and two on board flight videos I need to edit as well... But In other NEWS I've taken another step towards more FPV.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140324_195733.jpg 
Views:	781 
Size:	1,009.4 KB 
ID:	20862

Today my fatshark ready to fly teleporter v3 fpv system came in.

Name:	IMG_20140324_195755.jpg 
Views:	667 
Size:	312.9 KB 
ID:	20863

I got it pretty much on impulse after seeing another flite test fpv video. This system was mentioned ...
  2. Flight Log 07 | Micro Quad Vs The Tree

So today I made my second attempt at flying FPV outdoors with my Hubsan 107D. I have learned that the arch nemesis of my Hubsan is "The Tree".

The final score was 3-2 in The Tree's favor of knocking me down vs to me avoiding it. But that's ok because it may have one this battle but I will not win the WAR

Yeah I might need to get the crash kit soon... my prop guard is already missing a few struts.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Flight Log 06 | 2nd Turnigy Micro is Dead

So it turns out my second Turnigy Micro Quad as suffered the same fate as my first. Broken in the same exact place... The crash partly my fault at flying to close to the free, but in my defense there we just some random little branches extending out from the main tree. They came out of no where. You can see the crash in the video below around 03:45.

So now I have more then enough parts to make my own quad. I'm going to start a forum thread ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Flight Log 05 | The second Turnigy Micro Quad

So it seems some external source heard my plea and my order from HK from about a month ago came in finally. Lesson learned about about international shipping from HK... But it did come in with no damage so great job on that.

This time I knew what and had all the tool. Flashed the KK, drill out the props, check the receiver and my TX settings. I even got a 6ch orange RX, which worked fine after spending 20 min reading the wrong instructions to set it up... Being able to flip in to ...
  5. Flight Log 04 | My Turnigy Micro Quad is Dead...

Name:  IMG_20140301_192538_400x300.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  23.1 KB

So finally having a full day to just fly my quad I was pretty excited but unfortunately the day did not progress as I had hoped. The total damage count for the day was:

12/13 props destroyed: 1/2 was due to an inexperienced pilot... The rest the Quad seemed to flip out(maybe gain or gyro got messed up?, 3:00 in video with solmo) and crashed straight down at while flipping.

Name:	IMG_20140301_192521_50p.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	19285

1 disconnected ...

Updated 03-08-2014 at 01:38 PM by Greg2B

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast