PT-17

Murryb

[
89o2mca.jpg

img]https://i.imgur.com/TKFOCy6.jpg[/img]
tQxUDV0.jpg

I flew this plane Sunday and it was bad tail heavy. Going to re-balance and try again. :D:)

Last edited:

Keno

Got one, same experience. When you get it balanced it will fly great. I used pencil fishing weights to solve the issue. Plenty of room in the nose for added weight. I don't understand why they did not correct this before they put it out on the market, it has cause a lot trouble for many flyers.

Good luck, enjoy.

Murryb

Thanks Keno I am looking for some weight now. I guess I will try Walmart. How much weight did you have to add? I flew it around for a little bit. Was real quick to the controls. It really looks good in the air. :cool::cool:

Murryb

Keno

I was afraid you were going to ask this question:), anyway maybe this will help I used 3/16" dia. fishing pencil lead and had to rap it 3/4th the way around the backside of the dummy engine which seemed an awful lot. I later move this weight inside and added small amount more. I was hoping that maybe they had made some changes to help solve this problem. Semper Paratus, here have a great day. (don't forget the weight of your battery)

Last edited:

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
does anyone know of a dtfb PT-17 model? i want to build one. preferably with a power pack B.

PS: really nice plane. i have been eyeing those ones by horizon but..... horizon so... nah. the shocks impressed me though.

Murryb

Well you guys I had to put 3 oz's of lead in the nose to get it to balance. Now I just hope it fly's right. It looks really good in the air.

Murry

Beavis

does anyone know of a dtfb PT-17 model? i want to build one. preferably with a power pack B.

PS: really nice plane. i have been eyeing those ones by horizon but..... horizon so... nah. the shocks impressed me though.
https://www.flitetest.com/articles/40-pt-17-stearman

This is on my list of builds. Plans are available.

My friend bought an E-Flite PT-17 as his first RC plane. It flew briefly before it hit a light post and broke. I will pass along the balance issues to him.

Murry, where on the wing do you balance it? How far back from the leading edge?