Updated Forum

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Any way to recover Subscribed Threads?! My "Watched" says I have none...No way I'll be able to find all the threads I was watching before :(
I agree, I had a lot of threads I was subscribed to, are those getting transferred over to our "watched threads"?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'm getting over losing the subscription settings the more I use the options on the "What's New" tab. I especially like the "Your News Feed" which appears to show all recent activity of any members marked as "Followed". Now I'm sure I won't miss the next crazy foamy DamoRC starts, or Josh's next Balsa build :)

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
Is there an equivalent to a User Control Panel? Most forums have the UserCP but I am not seeing one here. Not a big deal, just what I'm used to from activity in a lot of different forums.
I agree, I had a lot of threads I was subscribed to, are those getting transferred over to our "watched threads"?
They are working to try to get them transferred over, not sure if it will happen yet.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Is there an equivalent to a User Control Panel? Most forums have the UserCP but I am not seeing one here. Not a big deal, just what I'm used to from activity in a lot of different forums.

I'm not sure what you are looking for. Your preferences and such? That's in the header image on your right linked with your avatar and username.

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
I guess what I am looking for is now the "Watched" threads page. Trying to click every link and figure out what all the "new" setup is haha

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Also LOVE the new Resources section! It's a great way to finally collect the best planes and parts plans from the community in a standardized and useful format while providing a great connection back to the build threads and support of the forums.

Three cheers for this development good sirs! :) :) :)

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Well, I keep wanting to click on "Home" to take me to the Forums home page, and instead it takes me to the FliteTest home page, but that's more user error than anything else. I noticed that the "What's New" has replaced the "New Posts", which will take a little getting used to, but other than that, nothing too bad.

And I'm gonna HAVE to put a profile pic up because the red S just seems to BLAH now - Maybe I'll just replace my red "S" with the Superman Logo. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Ok, the IT guy is still looking into the subscriptions, because they should've been migrated with the rest of the bunch and we have no idea why it hasn't...

So for now, here is a link to the old forum.

I also just noticed a new "Media" feature that seems to be the replacement for the old albums. I haven't tested it yet, but it might be possible to create a monster event album where multiple people can share their favourite pictures.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
There's a new "customize" button right of the "Alerts" menu in the top right where you can chose the color theme you like, a different header image and some other settings for the layout of the forum.

You can also find the "customize" button in the footer - plus an additional layout style selector. "crisp dim" might be a little less stressfull on the eyes.
It only changes the button colors. Need to do something about the page background.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
It only changes the button colors. Need to do something about the page background.

Hm "Crisp Dim" switches most of the page to a grey background (which I don't really like because it reduces contrast a lot).

You need to use the "Style chooser" in the bottom, not the "Customize" button.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hey Balu,

I am currently logged in since I am talking to you obviously... I just went to the resourses page to look around and saw Rockboy has posted the Caudron build. I wanted to comment on the post but it says you have to download the plans. Anyway I tried to do that and the download fails. All I get is the "oops" message. I did notice however that there was a radio button to "sign in" Is there something wrong there that that section thinks I am not logged in or is it like the articles section that requires a separate log in? All I wanted to do was state how much fun it was doing that as my second build ever to show how well it was put together in the design process Rockboy did.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Hey Psyborg,

it might be your Mentor role. There were some issues before because of missing permissions. I'll let the IT guy now :)

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Hm "Crisp Dim" switches most of the page to a grey background (which I don't really like because it reduces contrast a lot).

You need to use the "Style chooser" in the bottom, not the "Customize" button.
I see that but when you reply with a quote, the highlighted box is still had to see.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
One little request. Could we get a redirect on the old forum link?

I usually just hit "F" and then enter in my browser to get here (Since it's the first thing chrome brings up that starts with F due to how often I visit) But that brings up: http://forum.flitetest.com/forum.php Which is the old entry page and now gives an error.

Would be nice to have that do a 301 redirect to http://forum.flitetest.com/index.php so my browser (and search engines) will update their history.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I cheat. When ever my browser starts up I have news, Flite Test and my you tube page load. Keeps things simple. The thing is I have not changed the addy for FT forums and it has popped up like normal as it always does even after the switch.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I am horrible at spelling. I realized after a few post this morning the auto spell checker thingie is not there or active.. Did I shut it off or is it not available? I could have sworn it was working yesterday...

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I am currently logged in since I am talking to you obviously... I just went to the resourses page to look around and saw Rockboy has posted the Caudron build. I wanted to comment on the post but it says you have to download the plans. Anyway I tried to do that and the download fails. All I get is the "oops" message. I did notice however that there was a radio button to "sign in" Is there something wrong there that that section thinks I am not logged in or is it like the articles section that requires a separate log in? All I wanted to do was state how much fun it was doing that as my second build ever to show how well it was put together in the design process Rockboy did.

It looks like there's a problem with a browser compatibility issue when trying to preview Zip files that are hosted on Google Drive. You should be able to download it though.

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I am horrible at spelling. I realized after a few post this morning the auto spell checker thingie is not there or active.. Did I shut it off or is it not available? I could have sworn it was working yesterday...

The spell-checker is a browser feature - right-click inside the editor > Spellcheck > "Check the spelling of text fields"

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Could have sworn yesterday it was showing the wrong spellings as I typed and underlining things like the old forum did.. ehh its too early to try n remember.

hehe I'm losing it.. Now its working as I type again.. don't mind me its gonna be one of those days it seems.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I don't seem to be able to change my forum ranking anymore. I am hoping to go from "Kite Eating Tree Trimmer" to "One Faceplant at a Time" or "The Flying Faceplant!"

Am I missing something?