BossBluff

Simple is fast.
About that bloody mini A-10...

Any progress on the mini A10?

I got a prototype put together, but the plans need some tweaks. I pretty happy with the basic design. Here's a pic of it without the top-deck on. It should be pretty easy to draw skins for too (since the engines are flat) My free-time is at a premium right now. Cold and flu season has been brutal this year, and a lot of "responsible adult" stuff going on. LOL I'll get a maiden on this soon.

Let me know what you think!

mini A-10.jpg

(Yes... this is the full picture from the original teaser view)

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I got a prototype put together, but the plans need some tweaks. I pretty happy with the basic design. Here's a pic of it without the top-deck on. It should be pretty easy to draw skins for too (since the engines are flat) My free-time is at a premium right now. Cold and flu season has been brutal this year, and a lot of "responsible adult" stuff going on. LOL I'll get a maiden on this soon.

Let me know what you think!

View attachment 104119

(Yes... this is the full picture from the original teaser view)

wicked!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I sure hope so, I only have one power pack A and it has the weird thrust angle for slow flyers, plus I just like the bigger ones.

I can't wait to fly this!

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
** Research Data Requested... **

Fellow Bloody WWII, Baby! builders and pilots:

I am currently reviewing the Bloody WWII design collection, and analyzing the designs in an attempt to optimize them. I did an experiment with my Bloody Zero, loading it down with 9g servos, and a 2204 motor on the plane with the smallest wing area of the group. It flies like a little bat outahell. Windy day? No problem. Keep the power on, and go nuts. It's WCL (Wing Cube Loading) factor as tested is 14.68!! Compare this to the original Baby Baron which Sponz listed at 10.8! That's a pretty serious difference, and you can tell the difference very quickly, flying them. My original Bloody Vought was 12.0, and my "Thunderbird" Bloody Mustang came in at 12.2. I love those believe the real ideal for this design type is around 11.5 - 12.0. Do you agree? With very minor modifications increasing the wing area very slightly,mid-11's is quite achievable (at least on 2S), even using medium-micro 6g servos.

I need your help to create something of a data mine for the building community and future designers as we continue to enjoy and improve on these designs.

How can you help??
Please make a post on this thread with a photo of your model, and a short list of particulars: which plan did you build from, basic weight (without battery), flying weight (with battery and all equipment installed - ready to launch), the servos, motor, receiver, and battery(s). You can include whatever other info you like... expo and dual rates info, flight reviews. All this will help other builders and provide a lot of useful info. Your experience is valuable!!

*ALSO: Many of the plans do not include wing-area measurements. I am in the process of collecting that information and will make a list of wing areas... (maybe on the front-page plans table?) We'll see. Naturally, wing area is critical for calculating WCL, so i will try to gather this sooner than later!

Cheesecake

What do you do when you have one of the new FT H Packs off of a (sadly) destroyed Dart and plans for a Bloody Vought? Well.. you make a mini twin.. It still runs off 2S and is surprisingly docile. At least, version 1 was. But what I have here is V2 with a bottom cover to keep my electronics a bit safer. Waiting on better weather to take this one out for its maiden. I will get a video up of that once accomplished. And yes, it does have Differential thrust.

IMG_6157.JPG

IMG_6159.JPG

IMG_6162.JPG

IMG_6163.JPG

IMG_6164.JPG
IMG_6166.JPG
IMG_6167.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6162.JPG
    IMG_6162.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
I second this... BRRRRRRRRRT

eh, no. Life has been pretty hectic the last few months and despite very good intentions, everything but a few trips to the field to fly got put on hold.... HOWEVER! We’re looking good now, I am firing up the A-10 project again, and I will keep you posted on our progress!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!!

I am also having the issue of no time my car and school takes up all of my free time, and memes way too many memes...
I only have 2 weeks of school left though so I can't wait to put my full effort into YT and planes instead of HW and studying.