qav250

1. A

Hey everyone. New to FT Forum but not new to flying.

Hi all. My name is Andy. I'm an experienced RC pilot, model maker and prop maker fro the U.K. I studied industrial product design at Uni. I started flying 3 channel fixed wing free flight and 27mhz back in the mid 1980's Since then I've flown everything from scratch built own designes and...
  2. L

Can't arm Naze32 when Telemetry and SoftwareSerial enabled

I just finished building a QAV250 with a Naze32 rev6 with Cleanflight and a Taranis X9D Plus with a X4R RX. I have everything wired together correctly, as I can receive telemetry and see the control inputs in the configurator sometimes. The problem is that, when I have telemetry and softserial...
  3. A

22 gauge wire for 30A ESCs?

I have 30A ESCs and EMAX RS2205 motors - the motors come with 30 AWG wires and the ESCs have 18 AWG wire. I made a few mistakes getting things connected to the PDB - long story short I had to buy more wire and all I could find was 22 AWG wire. I know that too much amperage over wires that are...
  4. M

Torn between Lumenier QAV250 and QAV400, Can someone help?

In the next month, I will be setting up a FPV and Camera rig. I had originally thought of building around the QAV250, but it isn't too much more to step up to the QAV400 and money isn't the real issue. My primary intent is just to have a FPV rig to fly with. I'm not a hardcore racer or stunt...
  5. M

QAV250 Landing Gear

Hi Everyone, If anyone has ever flown the Luminier QAV250 for an extended amount of time, then you are probably very aware of the fact that anytime you get too close the the ground or have a hard landing, that you are almost guaranteed to snap the landing gear or at least bend it. I am...
  6. W

Naze 32 10dof wont power my turnigy 9x receiver

hi all, i have been having a problem with my qav250, i put in the the naze 32 10dof. then, i bind my radio and receiver and it works fine but when i wire it up and go into clean flight the receiver light isnt on and it wont communicate, does anyone know what it might be???? specs: qav 250...
  7. B

Naze32 PID tuning QAV250 FAIL

I've recently built a QAV250 with a Naze32 Acro and Cleanflight. I have had several successful flights with the default settings but it doesn't feel particularly locked in and wind can easily push it around. I've calibrated the accelerometer/gyro and am running 1.9 firmware. I also lowered my P...
  8. W

Help reading cleanflight blackbox log to diagnose unstable flight...

So I had a crash a while back and ever since, my ship has been intermittently bouncing around in the air and feeling very unstable. (I don't know if this particular problem is related to the crash, but I thought I'd mention it.) So I ended up replacing literally every single part in the...
  9. 1

QAV 250 FPV Proximity in Trees

Had some fun flying in the trees and had some funny moments as well hope you enjoy Go to YouTube to see more videos and to see my spec for the quad if you want to know them.
  10. N

Killing a mobius

So.... I went out for some flying and tuning yesterday and was messing around with autotune on PID controller 3 just to see what it would do (it was pretty close to my tuned values but with more P,I and less D) but I was also experimenting with the Pitch/Roll Rates. I flipped it into...
  11. Bryonheath

please help naze 32 acro problem

so I use to fly cc3d but way to many problems so I switched to naze32 It is awesome in angle and horizon mode but when I go in to manual mode or rate as you will say forward is backwards left is right but the throttle and yaw are correct I have searched the web for help but no any thing im...
  12. N

Cleanflight PID controller 2 Yaw overshoot tuning

Hey Guys, I'm in the laborious process of tuning my QAV 250 and need some advice from the guru's. I'm pretty happy with the flying characteristics for PID Controller 0 and had NO luck with PID Controller 1 but with Controller 2 (Floating point) I am actually quite happy with the exception of...
  13. N

[Build Log] QAV250 CF edition

Hello everyone, I have long marvelled and wished for my very own mini-quad since I am normally into the much larger aerial photography platforms. Since I am the only RC flyer I know here in Switzerland I sent an email to some of my friends with links to some of the best FPV videos (charpu...
  14. N

QAV250 mini quad motor choice

Hi All, I'm wanting to get onto the mini-quad train and have successfully convinced 2 of my friends to join and get mini-quads as well, I cannot wait to do a FGA style race; That is actually how I convinced them to join, showed them Charpu FPV's Videos as well as FGA and jus70's videos on...
  15. S

Inspired by Alex - Acrobatic Air 2 Air FPV with QAV250 and Bixler

So I have been loving some of the moves Alex has been pulling off in his air to air footage! I had some fun yesterday pulling off similar moves with my QAV250 and a newbie FPV pilot on the Bixler. Got a couple flips and hesitation roll in there with the Bix in sight, we even pulled off a semi...