1 sheet plane ended in disaster

msalko

So i thought that I'd build a simple scout, but by using grey foam which is really cheap (5$ for 20 A2 sheets, unlike DTFB which costs 60$ with shipping from amazon,
after going trough the first two sheats, and going past details like the foam ripping appart, tape not sticking, paper with printed parts moving all over the pace, pieces not sticking together as they should.
I've decided to build my own plane with only one sheat of foam...
Surprisingly the plane was pretty large.
but after taking it out there were some problems: the prop "flew off" the motor it wasn't glued, the second one broke right after attaching, and i pulled up while launching the plane which broke the foam completely.
IMG_20180422_220434.jpg

So after all that i thought screw it I'm just going to buy a kit of the market: plane 20$, shipping 40$.

Now I'm determined to design one plane from one sheat of foam that anyone can build, without DTFB, and without needing to print and glue the instructions to the foam, using a single ruler instead.
A plane that could be built using only a ruler a hot glue gun, and an exacto knife, That would be easy to fly with like a trainer, and expandable to multiple channels.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Welcome to the forums! That's certainly a rough landing you had there, and I applaud your design goal! Where are flying at that's so darn expensive for shipping?