12' Giant DC-3 Foamy & 1/4 Scale Sig Piper Cub

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
FREE! 12' Giant DC-3 Foamy and $150 1/4 Scale Sig Piper Cub

Sadly, I have to sell my two big birds. In addition to not having time to work on them and complete them, I am moving into an apartment this summer and I won't have space for them. I'd like to sell them to someone who will be able to complete them and enjoy them.

The 1/8 scale DC-3 is a foamy based on Zirolli scale plans. The build thread is here, but if you have any specific questions please let me know. comes with two 100A ESCs, two big outrunner motors, two 16" three blade Master Airscrew propellers, two air filled Dubro wheels, and an assortment of high torque servos. Has some hanger rash. Left horizontal stabilizer is intact and will need to be attached and glassed. Some other surfaces still need to be glassed and smoothed. Needs a lot of finishing work.
4XXQ6ns.jpg

rxgbmVp.jpg

9aTXQau.jpg

YGqxuxn.jpg

aXvjkUd.jpg

The cub is very nearly finished. I have covered the wings and elevator, but the rest of it still needs to be covered. Includes enough silver Solartex fabric covering to do the whole model. Silver because I intended to make it a "Flitfire" replica. Also includes a 100A ESC, a big outrunner, two air inflated Dubro tires, and the necessary servos. Also includes floats that are built up and ready to finish. I have the boxes and instructions for the plane and the floats. Also includes a sweet built up wood dummy engine. Has one small tear in wing covering near tip.
W5sax2m.jpg

4jn7dE2.jpg

zYaYf8t.jpg

rH7GUyO.jpg

Tn1OOuR.jpg

I would like $150 for each. I also have two 6s 10,000mAh packs that I will sell separately for $40 each. Feel free to make an offer. I am located in Northeast Ohio in the Akron area.

Thank you very much for looking. I'm not getting out of the hobby, just downsizing, so I hope to still enjoy it at a smaller scale with renewed passion.

EDIT: The DC-3 is free for anybody who wants it, Motors and ESCs not included!

Last edited:

Liam B

I'd be interested in the plane and at least one battery. I live in Cali, but would pay shipping.

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
I'd be interested in the plane and at least one battery. I live in Cali, but would pay shipping.

For the DC-3 you would have to hire a shipping person who transports things like motorcycles and cars. It would be a couple hundred dollars just for the shipping, unless you know a guy.

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
I have not tested static thrust for the motors but I would guess that they put out around 5-7lbs of thrust each. Possible more, depending on what prop you're using. They were intended to pull the 15lb cub or the 35lb dc3.

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
Alright guys, the DC-3 fuselage and wings is free for anybody who can take it in the next week or so. No electronics included. If nobody wants it I will be chopping it up and disposing of it.

Tench745

Master member
It would be a real shame to have this plane broken up. If you could bring it to FTFF I'm sure there would be someone there who could take it off your hands.

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
It would be a real shame to have this plane broken up. If you could bring it to FTFF I'm sure there would be someone there who could take it off your hands.
I wish I could but Im moving in May and probably won't have anywhere to store it. I guess it all depends on whether I'll be renting a house or an apartment

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
The DC-3 has been donated to Flite Test. Just dropped it off this morning. I'm confident they will do something fantastic with it!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Man I wish I had the money for the motors, I have a giant ongoing project right now and would love some more giant motors and batteries. I have applied for a job and if you haven't sold them by the time i get my first paycheck or so i might just buy them. I live in the South Euclid/Lyndhurst area so I could pick them up.

Edit: I don't remember if you donated the electronics or not but I remember the vlog, if they are still available I might just be able to take them off of your hands

Last edited: