2017/2018 Balsa Build Along!

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
I *almost* went with a tile surround when I did the tub, but am very glad I went with a 3-piece fiberglass/plastic surround instead. I ran tile above it to match the travertine floor I put in, that was good enough for me!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
So Joker, any chance you're planning to update the participant list in the first post to have links to all the builders? It can be awfully easy to lose track of a good thread or beginning builder without a directory for us to reference.

Thanks!

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
I’ve been meaning to do that, but keep forgetting.

A few have already started their build thread so those will be easy to remember for me. How about everybody joining the fun respond here again and I’ll get the list assembled from there?

N4RF

Have you started a build thread yet? If so, I missed it when I updated the list on Post #1 on this thread.
Thanks!

Well, sort of. I had to abandon the project last winter when work got out of hand and unfortunately it didn't calm down until June long after flying season started.

I'm going to pick up that thread and continue it. I think the last posting was last February.

I got my fingers crossed this year and will probably pick it up again this weekend.

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
Well I think I'll jump on this boat seeing as though I made half a wing about an hour ago.

I'm going to be building a Corben Super Ace. Plans by Chad Veich.

I have a build thread of sorts I just started today. Do i need to change the title to say 2017-2018 build along?

Justin

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Well I think I'll jump on this boat seeing as though I made half a wing about an hour ago.

I'm going to be building a Corben Super Ace. Plans by Chad Veich.

I have a build thread of sorts I just started today. Do i need to change the title to say 2017-2018 build along?

Justin

No need to change the title, I'll link to your thread on the official build thread. Welcome to the fun!

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
I'll chime in... when I'm ready. Nearly done the Spacewalker.

Whaaat?!! You think I didn't have a big build planned for this winter?!

agentkbl

Illegal Squid Fighting?
we all know that squids are basically Jet powered, and penguins have wings for underwater. we combined forces and designed the perfect aerodynamic combo.

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
We're a couple weeks into the Build Along, and I'm certainly happy with how much additional traffic we're seeing in the balsa section, plus how varied the projects are!

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
I AM LOVING IT! I have already learned so much from the other builders and have also tried to share my limited and new found knowledge. Building is so addicting and relaxing...and sometimes expensive...but cheaper than a drug habit, I think?