3D Printed Spitfire Flies

viggen

Hi
How are you getting on with the spitfire?
I have had about 5 flights so far,having a problem every time,it just wants to glide for ever.so far its broken the motor mount ever time i land.the plane just wont slow down.
Any ideas.its 1kg and flys beautiful

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Hi
How are you getting on with the spitfire?
I have had about 5 flights so far,having a problem every time,it just wants to glide for ever.so far its broken the motor mount ever time i land.the plane just wont slow down.
Any ideas.its 1kg and flys beautiful

I only have 2 flights on mine but I'm under 800g.

Grauwulf

Thanks Andre, I've been hemming and hawing about buying S3D, I imagine I'm going to have to. Amazon.ca sells Hatchbox PLA for a good price, it's supposed to be pretty good. I've got some running a test print right now.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Thanks Andre, I've been hemming and hawing about buying S3D, I imagine I'm going to have to. Amazon.ca sells Hatchbox PLA for a good price, it's supposed to be pretty good. I've got some running a test print right now.

Sponz uses that. I also ordered some AMZ3D but so far have not been happy with the yellow.

Grauwulf

Seems to have printed quite well, and it's very cool to see all the inner structure with the clear PLA. Sliced the files with Cura with the recommended settings, still having some minor print issues, but I think I can live with them for now. IMG_20170406_131256.jpg

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Nice, I need to get back under the hood of mine and start printing again.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
So, for all those here who have printed and flown, would you recommend it? And have you tried others?

I'm not sure why my Anet A8 heat bed isn't heating, but when I get it fixed I plan on doing one of these.
I'll admit that the P-38 is such a joy to fly in the sims, I might try both.