5" Acro Quad Project

SheppO

Full carbon frame:

IMG_0211.jpg

Read the story here:

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthre...pter-A-Journey&p=351493&viewfull=1#post351493

I'd love someone to make something of this half finished project and continue the journey...

Build spec:

Motors: Multistar Elite 2204s
ESCs: Pocket rocket 20A ESCs
FC: RC Explorer F3FC
PDB: Lumenier 4 power + Plus
Rx: Spektrum DSMX Quad Race Serial Receiver with Telemetry - SPM4649T - pinned installation
Battery pad, landing pads, straps and 3 sets of DAL props included.

Clean build, stable hover, flips and rolls on stock BF settings - only FPV kit / tuning required.
Light and strong.
Great opportunity to fly a one off frame, grow, upgrade and push it's limits.
Only flown 4 batteries over soft terrain

Spare parts available from Armattan Productions.

No longer available

Last edited:

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
My guess is that it's likely a combination of the price and motors. You can buy a pretty good bind and fly with larger motors and all FPV gear for $250 or less, like the Diatone GT2. You can get a very good BNF in the $300+ range like the Kopis 1

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
SheppO, why not keep it? Is it a time (to fly), materials (FPV/batteries), or funding issue?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I think he should keep it too. I posted in his other thread a link of steele flying LOS. LOS has a lot of benefits for sure. great for tuning, great for working out tricks visually. The best part is it is a great muscle memory trainer as you have the added sight of the quad to refine the movement and make the muscle memory more clean and precise so once you are in the goggles its all natural already.

SheppO

Thanks guys.

I got very focussed on this project mostly because i needed a distraction from other stuff in life.

It was a great learning experience but i'm in a better place now and I just cant justify the time and money to devote to finishing it or flying it regularly...

I was hoping to recoup some funds for other stuff but maybe that's not realistic.

I also don't like looking at it sitting there when it could be ripping balls....

Liam B

Ah man. I understand. I’m still really impressed with the design. Well done. Make sure that this thing gets in the hands of a loving owner.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Ugh, if only I had the money now I would buy it, I have a #teamfailsafe Radio already and the FPV stuff as well. If only I didn't have to fill out this dumb work permit I could have started my job this week and could be saving for this thing! Well if no one has bought this already or within the next few weeks I would love to buy it. Don't worry about trying to hold it for me though, I'm sure someone else like me would love to have this as well. If I get it or not doesn't matter, as long as it goes to a good home and whoever has it uses it to further themselves in the hobby.

SheppO

Ugh, if only I had the money now I would buy it, I have a #teamfailsafe Radio already and the FPV stuff as well. If only I didn't have to fill out this dumb work permit I could have started my job this week and could be saving for this thing! Well if no one has bought this already or within the next few weeks I would love to buy it. Don't worry about trying to hold it for me though, I'm sure someone else like me would love to have this as well. If I get it or not doesn't matter, as long as it goes to a good home and whoever has it uses it to further themselves in the hobby.

Hey foamtest - you want this thing ? your's for $17 (transatlantic postage) ?

kdobson83

>>>FREE KWAD<<< Postage cost only - details as above but minus the RX - first to PM me gets it.
Still available? I'll take it for the cost of shipping. All I have is a gremlin and have been wanting a bigger quad but don't have the funds for it. Even for the cheap wizards.

Robotchild

If it's still available I will take it. I will pay for shipping but I feel kinda bad about just taking it from you I can give you something or pay you a little bit but