500% FT Mighty Mini Corsair Build Thread

Liam B

Alright, this no deadline thing is creepin’ me out. I’m getting to work:). First, I’m cutting out the plans that I do have printed, as they are incomplete. There are a total of around 300 pages to print, and my personal printer can’t handle that.

Fidget

Alright, this no deadline thing is creepin’ me out. I’m getting to work:). First, I’m cutting out the plans that I do have printed, as they are incomplete. There are a total of around 300 pages to print, and my personal printer can’t handle that.

I haven't printed for a project that big, but it seems like there will be a lot of pages with very little info. I wonder if you could break it down some, and just say "this score line continues for 3 feet", or "insert three whole sheets of foam board here" so that you were only printing curves, servo slots, etc.

I was going to suggest printing at Staples, but even if you got 9 pages on every 24x36 black and white print, you're looking at $100 in printing.

Michael9865

Elite member
I haven't printed for a project that big, but it seems like there will be a lot of pages with very little info. I wonder if you could break it down some, and just say "this score line continues for 3 feet", or "insert three whole sheets of foam board here" so that you were only printing curves, servo slots, etc.

I was going to suggest printing at Staples, but even if you got 9 pages on every 24x36 black and white print, you're looking at $100 in printing.

That is odd, I get quite a few of my plans printed at staples and I have not paid near that price per sheet. But, that could be because I use engineering plans in B&W, I annotate what type of line by hand afterwards, the paper is a little thinner. I also order them online and give the 4-5 days to complete them, they charge more for rush orders and walk-in orders. I have not been a fan of cutting and taping the plans together when I can use Staples for just a few cents more.

Liam B

UPDATE:

I might be abandoning this project due to the build-off that was recently introduced. Still undecided, but I might switch to building a Bell Airacuda.

Liam B

Ok, I’ve decided to just go for this project now, and start the WWII design challenge later. Today, I’m starting my first real step.

I’m working three hours today to get some cash so I can buy some foam!:D

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Ok, I’ve decided to just go for this project now, and start the WWII design challenge later. Today, I’m starting my first real step.

I’m working three hours today to get some cash so I can buy some foam!:D

Good! I am enthusiastic about your desire to fly "good" and perhaps roll it.

Liam B

UPDATE: I don't have the plans fully printed yet, as I've been occupied with my quad recently. BUT, I will finish the quad and print the plans by the time school starts (in the next few weeks).

smithhayward

Large Child
Just WOW!

Subbed! Super jealous about this build. I'm getting ready to "revisit" my 70" Devastator this fall once I'm in my new house with my new 1-car garage dedicated workshop. I simply LOVE the Corsair!!!

I've also bookmarked the retracts and the motor you posted. I have retracts already (as they were the basis for the scale of my build) but those look cool for future builds. The motor looks like it might work, but I'd have to see thrust data before I know for sure.

Are you going to run it on 4s or 6s? I'm hoping to be able to fly mine on 4s running some packs in parallel.

Liam B

Subbed! Super jealous about this build. I'm getting ready to "revisit" my 70" Devastator this fall once I'm in my new house with my new 1-car garage dedicated workshop. I simply LOVE the Corsair!!!

I've also bookmarked the retracts and the motor you posted. I have retracts already (as they were the basis for the scale of my build) but those look cool for future builds. The motor looks like it might work, but I'd have to see thrust data before I know for sure.

Are you going to run it on 4s or 6s? I'm hoping to be able to fly mine on 4s running some packs in parallel.

Thanks! The Corsair is a beautiful plane.

As for batteries, I’d love to run it on 4s, but I think 6s will be in order due to the immense weight.

Timmy P

Hey I'm not sure if this is helpful. But to lighten printing and taping work. You could trace the plans out in PS but without tracing duplicates. As in you dont need to print both wings. Or the powerpod. I think you have to rescale a few folds, so you could do it all at the same time.

Liam B

Thank you Christopher14 for waking me up on this thread. Life's gotten in the way and I haven't even cut foam yet. I need to find a printing service of some sort, because printing and taping these plans has become far too time consuming than it should be. Does anyone's have any ideas?