A proud Dad Moment

dengar256

My boy's flight training is coming a long but it had been a while since the last time he had any stick time. I decided to break out the faithful Explorer and get a few crashes out of the way before we took out his new Sky Cruiser 2. This was the first time I had him take the controls from the start.

We would go through the pre-flight check, make sure everyone was behind the pilot, safety off, throttle up and I would launch the plane in the air. He wanted to practice landings so he would climb out, do a circuit and "land". His little brothers were have a great time running around the field to retrieve the plane. On the tenth flight I think he was getting tiered and on climb out hit full left. The plane did a lazy circle and powered into the ground with the sound of breaking foam. The boys ran out to see what was left.

To my surprise everything was intact except the nose. The force of the impact had pushed the battery through the side cheek. I was checking everything over and getting ready for another flight when Caleb (my oldest) disappeared with the nose. A few minutes later he runs out of the house with the newly repaired nose and yells "it's ok Dad it just needed a little tape!". I smiled a knowing smile put on the nose and we had 4 more successful flights. It was a perfect night.
20170704_205804_resized.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hehe you have trained them well. I think they are RC pilots for life already when they do things like that. Shake your sons hand for the many landings. He now has more then I do.