Addicted to Warbirds

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Oh man I have a special edition Vampire hanging in the other room but sadly it is not mine. :(

This surprised me.
Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 8.21.48 AM.png IMG_1530.jpg

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Nice! A Rotor Riot edition Corsair!

I like the wings on wheels rack there too.

A 3D printed flyer? Sharp!

Last edited:

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
That Spitfire looks great! Looks like a Mk16, just needs some camo and D-day stripes, and it would look real in flight! How does it fly? I've been starting to look at getting a 3D printer, and these printable warbirds are definitely an interesting development.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Nice! A Rotor Riot edition Corsair!

I like the wings on wheels rack there too.

A 3D printed flyer? Sharp!

Yep that is the one RR were trying to take down during the combat sessions at FF16.
In the end it made it into my hands :)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
That Spitfire looks great! Looks like a Mk16, just needs some camo and D-day stripes, and it would look real in flight! How does it fly? I've been starting to look at getting a 3D printer, and these printable warbirds are definitely an interesting development.

Yep MK 16, or XVI

https://3dlabprint.com/shop/spitfire-mk-xvi-s3d-cura-ready/

I've not decided about colours on the 3D planes yet.

I sort of like the clear pla since it stands out as a 3D printed plane but we wills till try and do an airbrush paint job later this year.

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 11.03.08 AM.png

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Yep MK 16, or XVI

https://3dlabprint.com/shop/spitfire-mk-xvi-s3d-cura-ready/

I've not decided about colours on the 3D planes yet.

I sort of like the clear pla since it stands out as a 3D printed plane but we wills till try and do an airbrush paint job later this year.

Thanks for the link. That 109 looks pretty good with the markings on the unpainted surface. Definitely makes it stand out more from other warbirds at the field. Although speaking of 109s, I will definitely be keeping my eye on the new Durafly one. Just need to clear some space out for it somewhere now..

ranger351

Warbird Crazy!
Hi! My name is Mike and I'm addicted to warbirds!;) Have any of you flowen the Eflite P-47D? I just purchased one this winter to hone my skills before trying to fly my highly modified Mountain Model P-51D. Otherwise I have only flowen DTFB warbirds!

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Hello, Mike! I have flown the older version of the eflite P-47, the original Parkzone one. It is nearly identical to the eflite minus the AS3X and 4 blade. It is an excellent flyer, and I think you will love it, and it is a great step up from the DTFB models. It has a large and forgiving flight envelope, and is a very relaxing warbird to fly. The AS3X will make a nice addition for flying it in wind as well. I loved mine so much, I completely rebuilt it to handle 4S, detailed cockpit, gear doors, and a tail retract.

ranger351

Warbird Crazy!
Thanks for the info! Sound exactly like what I was hoping for. My plan is to fly it this summer then rebuild it with all the extras just like you did. I have already ordered the park flyers plastics razorback conversion and a robart mini retractable tail wheel. I'm interested in doing a inner gear door mod that I've seen on you tube. Do you have any pics of yours with the modifications done?

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
That sounds awesome! Here are a few photos of mine. Let me know if you need any more photos of specific parts and I will get them to you when I can.
IMG_1212.jpg IMG_1214.jpg IMG_1217.jpg DSC_6450_edited-1.jpg

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Wow nice video. While watching the B-17 is great, I think many of us will also appreciate the challenge it is to fly and capture that air to air footage. It's an excellent example for others to follow.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Thanks guys! The filming was all done by a friend flying his Phantom 3 standard. This has been the result of several (10-ish) attempts of trying to get some good air to air where the plane isn't just a dot. And of course, the speed envelope, especially for an older Phantom, can be a real challenge. I have some more footage to edit from trying air to air with my P-51 and P-47, but the B-17 definitely turned out the best results. Hopefully we get the chance to try more next weekend as well.

Last edited:

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Had some fun this morning flying my Little Bird, and one of the other club members got some cool photos of it in the air. I know this is technically the fixed wing section, but it's a warbird to me, and I really wanted to share the pictures!
a9937892-33-DSC_0171.jpg
a9937893-226-DSC_0173.jpg
a9937894-195-DSC_0174.jpg