Adding a Simulator Port to a Tactic TTX650

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
I've been flying with a Tactic TTX650, which I received for free. It's an SLT receiver that uses a wireless trainer feature. That means it doesn't come with a hard wired trainer port. Of course, you can buy a wireless SLT USB adapter for $120 if you want a copy of realflight too :confused:

After some quick searching, I came across this post on rcgroups that shows the PPM output on the transmitter.

image.jpeg

So I ordered up some 3.5 mm mono jacks on Amazon and went to work.

I drilled a 15/64 hole in the back of the shell.
image.jpeg

I found some wires already in a plug and soldered them onto the jack. Then a bit of heatshrink and two dabs of hot glue to keep it from twisting.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Perfect fit!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I added a 3.5mm male to make cable. Plugged into my computer's mic port. Fired up SmartPropoPlus and was able to start crashing on FPV Freerider Recharged!!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice work with the add on

Im loving that FPV Freerider. Both versions are cool. I also use smartpropoplus to interface my Devo 7 in several flight sims. That's a great program.

I do have a question though about the FPV Freerider Recharged. I got an email saying there was an update but no link or anything on the site where to upgrade. Did you get the same one and how do you update? Should I just re download a new version?

French

I didn't receive an email about an update to Recharged. According to the site, it looks like the last change was on 4/18/16 (before I purchased it).

Tallyho

Hello French- Thank you for your posting. I have all the parts- one question. The mono usb to sim cord I'm using is center positive. Before I solder the wires to the inside of the mono jack that will go to the 2 pins you show circled in your first pic [inside the ttx 650] could you confirm that lower of the 2 pins is negative?[the pin closest to the bottom of the tx]
I'm concluding that since that wire looks black... The other wire looks white or yellow in the photos.
Thanks

French

Tallyho,

Unfortunately, I no longer have this radio to test it (moved to Frsky). But from the photos, the bottom pin was ground (negative) and the next pin up was the signal (positive). The ground wire goes to the outside of the mono plug and the signal goes to the tip (middle)

Good luck!