ALL of central USA :)

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
I fly full scale aircraft, so anyone who wants to fly ANYWHERE in central USA, tell me. Give me the location of your nearest airport and I'll see what can be done :)

Last edited:

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I am in Texas (33deg 25min 52sec north by 100deg 55min 45sec west) but you would have to land on the private road to my house (1/4 mile long) since there is no official airport in these parts.

Thurmond

RoyBro

Mentor
Please define "central" USA. I'm not sure if Montana is central enough. I could use a ride to the next FlitTest Open House. ;)

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Please define "central" USA. I'm not sure if Montana is central enough. I could use a ride to the next FlitTest Open House. ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that. I live in Wisconsin which is usually called the Mid-West. Which to me is MN, IA, MO, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, maybe TN and KY.

I have no idea what Central USA would be. That's almost PA to MT and then down to OK. Which is too huge of an area to only be one category. Not sure how it would be divided up. Unless we divide the Central USA into sub categories like "Dakotas", "Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming", "Great Lakes region", and "Nebraska, Kansas, and Missouri". I'm probably forgetting some states.

Or maybe it should be "Great Plains", "Rocky Mountain region", "Great Lakes region", "Ohio River Valley" and so on. Those are smaller areas and better defined.

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
Montana is close enough :) I'm in the process of purchasing a Piper Cherokee 180, and I'm planning on going if there ever is another open house. I'm planning a flight to Washington state to visit friends, so I'm certain I can make it to Montana. Any close by airports?

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
For range I'll say I can go to the following:
ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MI, IN, ON, MT, WY, CO
I could go further but then fuel prices start making a big play in the flight. I will go a lot further for competitions or shows/fly-ins.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Dang.

Hoping Ga would make the list. Guess I'll have to find another ride to the indoor event ;)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
just as well -- probably couldn't get off this time of year, and they're coming to SEFF anyways in . . . wow! Less than 3 months!

Might be worth a flight for you. Pretty darn big festival, and shouldn't be hard to arrange a ride from the local airstrip to Hodge's Field. Coming up on April 7-14, but I'm sure you'll see more go by about it as it get's closer.

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
just as well -- probably couldn't get off this time of year, and they're coming to SEFF anyways in . . . wow! Less than 3 months!

Might be worth a flight for you. Pretty darn big festival, and shouldn't be hard to arrange a ride from the local airstrip to Hodge's Field. Coming up on April 7-14, but I'm sure you'll see more go by about it as it get's closer.
I'll have to give it a look. Sounds like fun actually.

Team_Monkey

Well, hello from Ohio! I'm close to FT headquarters, about an hour west depending on traffic.
But I do travel around west of here for gatherings including Iowa and Missouri.

Smok1n

I'm as Central as it gets - Omaha, NE! We have some great flying fields and great flyers, but I've yet to meet up with a fellow FTer.