Anyone else impacted by YouTube's Demonetization?

NighthawkGliders

Enjoy Flight & Enjoy Life
If you do not use ads on your page or if you do not have insta fame they will screw you over and hold your efforts back in other ways then rule changes. for instance. I get between 30 to over 60 views on my crappy page every 48 hours. But my view counts don't rise over 100 per month in the new system. View time average is 1:50's and rising, total view time is rising as well yet video watch count is falling drastically...

I watch tracking on specific videos specially the newer ones and they are getting a decent amount of hits according to the individual real time counters yet the statistics show little growth thus presenting the channel as not growing. That in turn grants no promotion by their rules simply because I choose not to use ads.

Hi, PsyBorg, I'm no expert in the matter... but this is what I noticed... (aka. my unsolicited 2 cents).

In the last 2 months, you netted around 20 subs-- so, that is on the rise. Prior to that you netted 20 subs in the past 7 months. So, from what I can see, you have steeply increased your rise of subs.

If your average view time is rising, then that's a good thing. That means your audience is more engaged while watching your videos. That is actually very important aside from # of views. I noticed, the # of views can swing based on the people who might catch wind of your videos. For example, last August & September, I noticed a wild increase in my views... turns out, a school or two in Thailand used my Sandpiper build tutorials. If you have good engagement with your audience, then the views will come naturally.

Do you know who Stacey Abshire is? Here is link to his channel... He is also a Quad-FPV channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9M2EnrKfxkz028ZPSajU7Q

Stacey has produced hundreds of FPV videos. He's created his own style and yet his views for each video ranges 100-200.
He has, as of today, 1123 Subs. So, he is also a small channel, working hard, producing good vids, and he still has challenges reaching the 4000hrs watch time. Stacey is working with the RC Saylors and will be running the FPV racing area for the RC Saylors Fest (RCS Fest). So, his popularity is on the rise.

The RC Saylors popularity is also on the rise, they are approaching 125K Subs and they are on the heels of FF regarding hosting a big festival type event. This year, they have secured an actual airport for this. If you are in the region, you should consider getting a pilot ticket and coming out to fly and race. We'll be there! Could also be an opportunity for a new avenue to fly and create some content for yourself to help promote your channel.

Hey, in other words... just stick with it, stay creative, consider new flying avenues, and viewers will come.

BTW, I like your Tips n Tricks videos... I'm not even doing any electronics, but someday, who knows... I may need this skill.
Nonetheless, I watched them, because I was interested in how it was done. Thanks!

Take care, my friend

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh I figured a long time ago my abilities to be anyone on YT were severely gimped simply because I can not afford to keep up with gear to fly let alone get decent cameras for better footage. Add to that I live in farm country with no mode of transportation other then shoe leather express and I got the idea quickly.

I swapped over to more of help channel showing progress on things I have figured out as well as trying to help people or answer questions by examples. Heck I even stopped bothering using tags on my videos over a year ago. I learned fast what it takes for a successful channel and know my limitations.

I only posted in here to show how people will get treated by google / you tube if you are not capable to produce content with 1000s of views or subscribers. I use my channel as an example of their crappy tactics and favoritism's to show newer people with big hopes the reality of what they will be facing.

I can't tell you how many people here have come for help, subscribed to my channel then as soon as they got their gear in the air un-subbed. I don't wanna be part of that type of thing if I can avoid it. Sadly any hopes of sponsorship to be able to grow more and do what I like or to get on a race team seem to be locked into that realm of pretty videos vs solid help for the community. So any commentary here in this particular thread is aimed at learning not at complaining.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
hmm... maybe why my channel got terminated is because i had 300+ videos and ads disabled. lol. i wasnt making any money for them so they got rid of me. thats really the only thing i can think of...