Baby Brit - Build

Giomaz

Meanwhile SPONZ thanks for answering my question.
Anyway I really hope that you can do the Baby Brtit larger version.
I have already built the baby Baron and I must say that if there is too much wind flies very well ... wonderful.
I also built Spitfire FT, FT Mighty Mini Sportster, FT-3D.
I always follow this site Flite Test and yesterday are new to the forum ... very nice.
Sorry for the mistakes but I know a little English, so I have to translate from Italian and the result certainly will not always be correct.
Hello to all

Spitfire222

Not a skater
Here is my Baby Brit that I will be flying in mini combat for Flite Fest! Thanks Rasterize for the awesome Eddie Rickenbacker "Hat in the Ring" scheme.

That looks fantastic! Have you flown it yet? Also, any chances you could share some photos of how you laid out the interior and where you mounted your battery?

Thanks for the plans! I've got my Brit all cut out, just waiting for printed out paint scheme from Rasterize. :)

Garret234

Yet another very cool design! Thanks SPONZ, I am putting it on my build list. My baby baron ended a bit harshly so this one should be a good replacement.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
That looks fantastic! Have you flown it yet? Also, any chances you could share some photos of how you laid out the interior and where you mounted your battery?

Thanks for the plans! I've got my Brit all cut out, just waiting for printed out paint scheme from Rasterize. :)

I have not flow the new Rickenbacker Brit yet, but I have flown the plain white foam prototype Baby Brit and it flew great, almost identical to the Baby Baron, which is what I was expecting and hoping for. They should be pretty equally matched. I might get to fly the "pretty" version in the next couple of days. I will hopefully get some video of that!

I try to get some more detailed shots of battery/esc/rx placement and post those in the next couple of days. In the meantime, I put a 450mAh 2S or 3S battery in the bottom of the mini pod with velcro. The ESC I try to position inside the mini pod close up to the firewall. The Rx I mount in the inside wall of one of the fuselage doublers as close to the center of the plane.

Spitfire222

Not a skater
I have not flow the new Rickenbacker Brit yet, but I have flown the plain white foam prototype Baby Brit and it flew great, almost identical to the Baby Baron, which is what I was expecting and hoping for. They should be pretty equally matched. I might get to fly the "pretty" version in the next couple of days. I will hopefully get some video of that!

I try to get some more detailed shots of battery/esc/rx placement and post those in the next couple of days. In the meantime, I put a 450mAh 2S or 3S battery in the bottom of the mini pod with velcro. The ESC I try to position inside the mini pod close up to the firewall. The Rx I mount in the inside wall of one of the fuselage doublers as close to the center of the plane.

Ok, sounds good, thanks for that info. That's pretty much what my plan for the equipment installation is, but I was wondering where you installed the battery: under the power pod, or in the fuselage tunnel, i.e. where is the CG-dictated location. That answers that. :)

Ross

Inspired by the community build last night I started mine this morning. Had some black DTFB so it will be all black. I need to get the motor and esc for it but everything else is here. Guess I should clean up my work table next though?

BBrit1.JPG

Ross

I won't be using this black foam board for anything else but the wing. This stuff is terrible to work with because the foam is white and it seems to crumble into little pieces more than the white. Live and learn.

Ross

SPONZ, My 1806 motor shipped today but I forgot to order the 6 x 4.5 prop. I'm a rookie pilot and what I have on hand are 7 x 4 or 6 x 3 props. Will 7 x 4 keep it slower for me?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
SPONZ, My 1806 motor shipped today but I forgot to order the 6 x 4.5 prop. I'm a rookie pilot and what I have on hand are 7 x 4 or 6 x 3 props. Will 7 x 4 keep it slower for me?

The 6x3 should be fine. The 7x4 might be a bit much. What battery are you going to use, 2S or 3S?

Greenjeans

The dowel gets mounted under the wing of a larger airplane. I decided to make the plane mount upside down so that the lift from the airfoil will pull it away from the 'mothership'. The idea is to make it easy to build, and universal so that anyone can put one on their plane, and attach it to someone else's plane.

Great Idea!

You might be able to save yourself the weight of an extra servo. I see the aileron servo has extra arms on it and made me think you might use that, or an arm on the the elevator servo to “pull the pin” from the dowel’s slot and release the plane.

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
# 5 - my BABY BRITster is ready. :D

It was fast to build - no curves, only straight cuts and some wing tape! Without the lipo it has a weight of 191g (6.74 oz).

BABY_BRITster_01.JPG

BABY_BRITster_02.JPG

SPONZ - thank you for the build plan!

Ross

Finished up my Baby Brit today, we shall call it the Ugly Brit because AircPirateNinsei's Brit is beautiful!. Along side of the Sparrow.

BBrit6.JPG

Last edited:

flying-coqui

(first time on forum)Yes!!! I try to do a mini mustang that really never fly, I get the electronics from it to make a baby baron but I dont like the tail so the baby brit is going to be my second attempt to fly I just want some luck with this one ;) Thanks Dan. Just waiting the video of the skins... Also going to move the elevator servo to add rudder...

Last edited: