Baby Brit - Build

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
(first time on forum)Yes!!! I try to do a mini mustang that really never fly, I get the electronics from it to make a baby baron but I dont like the tail so the baby brit is going to be my second attempt to fly I just want some luck with this one ;) Thanks Dan. Just waiting the video of the skins... Also going to move the elevator servo to add rudder...

Welcome to the FT Forums! I might offer a friendly suggestion that if this would represent a 2nd ever plane you've ever flown via radio control, you might consider an easier to fly model. Even for intermediate flyers like me, I found the baby baron/brit to be a handful to fly and would never have been able to keep it in the air if I were to have tried it as my 2nd plane.

A great trainer is, the tiny trainer... or a larger and easier build might be the FT Flyer.

Paul-H

As it sort of loosely based on the SE5a which is my all time favourite WW1 plane I wonder how it would fly if an extra wing was added to make it even more SE5a like

jrsydvl000

Where can One find a copy or .pdf of the Baby Baron or the Baby Brit?

I like the look and the size of it is perfect for the small area parks I would be flying in

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Where can One find a copy or .pdf of the Baby Baron or the Baby Brit?

I like the look and the size of it is perfect for the small area parks I would be flying in

Pretty much the first post on the first page of this thread has all the plans, details, etc:

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?26986-Baby-Brit-Build&p=280916&viewfull=1#post280916

Although I can fly it in a large softball diamond sized field (with a large outfield) that's surrounded by trees, I would actually consider that the minimum acceptable size field for it, unless you just keep it in a tight turn the whole time. It's not really a slow plane. Small and fast is how I would characterize it.

jrsydvl000

I have tried the links that You have noted on your reply Makattack but comes back as page can't be displayed.

Note I have tried from several locations.

I assume I will try at a later date

Spitfire222

Not a skater
I have tried the links that You have noted on your reply Makattack but comes back as page can't be displayed.

Note I have tried from several locations.

I assume I will try at a later date

You posted both of your messages in the very thread that contains the plans. You just have to go to the very first page of this thread and the very first post.

Click on this button to go to the first page.
Thread_01.png

Scroll down a bit and you'll see the links to the plans.
Thread_02.png

Scroll a little further down, and you'll see Sponz's signature that contains links to all of his other plans, including the Baby Baron.

The information is all here, you just have to look for it.

flying-coqui

The only problem is the electronics I had for a mighty mini maybe making a scale down of a mighty mini trainer but still tried thanks for the offer

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
The only problem is the electronics I had for a mighty mini maybe making a scale down of a mighty mini trainer but still tried thanks for the offer

Err, the Tiny Trainer is already a "mini" type plane and uses the smaller of the Mighty Mini motors (1806/Power pack A), but I don't see why it wouldn't fly on the larger ones either (2204/Power pack F):

http://flitetest.com/articles/flite-test-tiny-trainer

This post gives some hints on the larger motor option:

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthre...iner-BUILD&p=228126&highlight=2204#post228126

Last edited:

na1pir

Hi, guys and girls what props do you use with this plane? My best experience was with 5045 bullnose props.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I've tried 7x35, 6x4, 5x45 and have been happiest with the 6x4 - but your mileage may vary :)

Just built one as the 5th and final plane in my 5 plane single sheet scratchbuild series. This plane is a lot of fun! The bloody wonder style planes were never really on my radar, but now I just ordered the ‘battle buddies’ speed build kit set.

Check out mine here:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Just built one as the 5th and final plane in my 5 plane single sheet scratchbuild series. This plane is a lot of fun! The bloody wonder style planes were never really on my radar, but now I just ordered the ‘battle buddies’ speed build kit set.

Check out mine here:

I needed a pick me up today. This hit the spot. Thanks for sharing. I have a swappable size version (same size as Bloody Wonder and Bloody Baron) sitting on my bench waiting for the maiden flight. Plans for that one should be out soon too.

I needed a pick me up today. This hit the spot. Thanks for sharing. I have a swappable size version (same size as Bloody Wonder and Bloody Baron) sitting on my bench waiting for the maiden flight. Plans for that one should be out soon too.

Anytime! I look forward to the plans for the swappable size brit! Will you be at flite fest south?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Anytime! I look forward to the plans for the swappable size brit! Will you be at flite fest south?

I wish! Unfortunately I can only make one RC event a year due to vacation time and the finances involved. For the foreseeable future, that one event will be FF East.