Banana Hobby V-22 Osprey

milkmanpec

milkmanpec
Hi guys, I am new here but not to the hobby. Been flying for 15+ years. I build, fly and instruct but still having stability issues with my Banana Hobby Osprey. Has anyone else had problems with this model see-sawing, front to back in hover mode? The plane pitches up and down a lot after take off. Sometimes I can get it under control, other times no and have to land and try again. I have tried moving the battery every which way with not much change. Is this thing not initializing correctly? Is there something else I should see during initialization other than the nacells rotating up? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Gryf

Nothing to offer here, but best of luck. Remember that the full-scale Osprey didn't exactly fly right out of the box either...

Cheers,

Gryf

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
I don't own this model, but have been following the threads for it over on RCgroups. It seems that quite a few people have had issues with the stock flight control board. What you are describing sounds like the pitch gain in the hover mode is too high, but I'm not sure how you would adjust it. Info on the factory controller and changing its settings is sparse at best. I recommend trying to contact Banana Hobby customer service, and see if they can either send you a manual on the flight controller, or possibly replace the board.

On a side note, I really think some of this is just due to their design choice to go with fixed pitch props instead of CP rotor systems. The quick control afforded by cyclic authority allows the full scale to have rock solid control through hover and transition.

milkmanpec

milkmanpec
I don't own this model, but have been following the threads for it over on RCgroups. It seems that quite a few people have had issues with the stock flight control board. What you are describing sounds like the pitch gain in the hover mode is too high, but I'm not sure how you would adjust it. Info on the factory controller and changing its settings is sparse at best. I recommend trying to contact Banana Hobby customer service, and see if they can either send you a manual on the flight controller, or possibly replace the board.

On a side note, I really think some of this is just due to their design choice to go with fixed pitch props instead of CP rotor systems. The quick control afforded by cyclic authority allows the full scale to have rock solid control through hover and transition.

Thanks for the input. I agree it seem the pitch gain is very harsh and the ducted fan overcompensates. It would be great if the control board had a gain adjustment. Again, I appreciate your suggestions.