Be careful what you "Wish" for

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I normally purchase the majority of my RC related gear from Banggood and Hobby King, for good reason. They have great stocks, there prices are good and there service is excellent plus they are reliable too.
Let me tell you another reason why I should stick with them.

Earlier this year I was given 2 nitro RC cars by a friend, so myself and my son played about trying to get them started. We succeeded with one, but the other we struggled with. After some advice from JennyC6 I realised the one way bearing may be faulty, plus I needed a new pull start anyway.
So I hunted around to internet and discovered a web site that did both together. I WISH I could remember the site, anyway they promised to deliver before Christmas and the price was good so placed the order.
Low and behold my WISH came true the parcel arrived today when they said, or so I thought until I opened the parcel and instead of getting
This
1608581560422.png

I got this instead
1608581618047.jpg
I WISH I hadn't bothered now.
Sorry I can't remember the name of the company that made such a stupid error, as I wanted to warn members of the forum about ordering from them.
Anyway while eating my Christmas dinner I will remove the WISH bone from the Turkey and make a WISH, that I can remember the name and avoid using them in future. Plus hopefully I get a refund and get to return the useless piece of :poop: they sent me instead.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Ahh, another victim of theirs. My mom tried to order elastic for mask making back in March. She finally got the elastic in late June. Trying to get a refund was an exercise in futility.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I WISH I hadn't bothered now.
In the past I have ordered the odd thing from them, I must haver been lucky. "Oh" hang on just realised the last thing I ordered from them was a Spektrum 6210 Receiver one of the fake ones, damn it never learn.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwik4rXfo-DtAhVahlwKHXiYBsAQwqsBMAF6BAgGEAM&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfEVtjB8S-E&usg=AOvVaw2Zcm0aLDPU7EymuUzdBp0r
link is a You tube video showing fake AR6210 Spektrum receivers vs genuine.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
"To err is human" is one of my favourite quotes.
Everyone makes mistakes and I empathise with those that do, we have all been there. Another favourite quote is: "The man who never made a mistake, never made anything".
However, when people fail to accept there errors and try to capitalise on them, rather than offer recompense. Then I start to feel agrieved and resentment which then makes me want some form of payback.

I feel sorry for sprzout's Mom waiting 4 months for an item to arrive, with no refund is disgusting.

In my case they have 7 days to resolve this matter, before I contact PayPal and will ask them to step in on my behalf.

After that its open season, there name will be synonymous with bad service and rip offs on every forum and public media service I can put there name on.
A poor feedback will be the least of there worries once I start. Bad reveiws and word of mouth has more impact on a company than any ranting and demands.

Tench745

Master member
After that its open season, there name will be synonymous with bad service and rip offs on every forum and public media service I can put there name on.
A poor feedback will be the least of there worries once I start. Bad reveiws and word of mouth has more impact on a company than any ranting and demands.
It's funny you say this, because everything I've heard about them is that they ARE synonymous with ripoffs and bad service. It shocks me that they're still in business at all with the reputation they've cultivated.

Hoomi

Master member
Seeing some of the dubious offerings from this totally anonymous website that show up on some of my friends' Facebook feeds, I have made it a point to avoid it altogether, just in case I should accidentally stumble across something that I would never be able to unsee.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I suspect they are still catching new buyers out, but agree no idea how they still remain in business.
Ive probably only used them 5 times in total. I bought a cut throat razor and strop. Both turned up, but the razor wasn't fit to shave anything so that was a waste of money. The strop was okay, so if I ever buy a decent cut throat that could come in useful. I bought some trainers which where really cheap, they didn't last all that long but for the price didn't expect them too. The Spektrum receiver turned out to be fake (although I also got one off Ebay that turned out to be fake too, so twice bitten you might say) and of course the pull starter and bearing never arrived.
Suppose looking back now I have only myself to blame, should have guessed with my last purchases.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Seeing some of the dubious offerings from this totally anonymous website that show up on some of my friends' Facebook feeds, I have made it a point to avoid it altogether, just in case I should accidentally stumble across something that I would never be able to unsee.
I get around that on any site I buy from by putting in headings for items I am looking for, eg Radio Control or something more specific like RC servo's, motors or planes. That way I dont get re-directed to something inappropriate that I dont want.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor

Too late there for me. There's not enough therapy to make me forget about what I've seen. And no, you do NOT want to know or go look. Happy thoughts, airplanes, flying, enjoying my day...

Sorry you got fake Spektrum receivers, yet it doesn't surprise me that happened. Much of what Wish sells just seems to low price to be true, and now we know why.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Too late there for me. There's not enough therapy to make me forget about what I've seen. And no, you do NOT want to know or go look. Happy thoughts, airplanes, flying, enjoying my day...

Sorry you got fake Spektrum receivers, yet it doesn't surprise me that happened. Much of what Wish sells just seems to low price to be true, and now we know why.
Guessed as soon as it arrived, it was fake as it wasn't in genuine Spektrum packaging. Furthur investigation on you tube confirmed what I had was fake.
Still not being one to pass judgment too early I tried it out in my F22, first 2 flights where fine, although fairly close by. Third flight not so lucky the plane went AWOL, no control. Thankfully motor shut off and it landed safely in a field of long grass. I had a long run, walk, run, walk to retrieve it. To the amusment of my son and my so called mate, who just stood there watching me laughing.

Anyway lesson learned, its okay for park flying foamies but for anythging else its just :poop: so doesn't get used.

Wish told me to wait 2 - 3 days for them to get back to me and sort it, heard nothing yet and now its over 24hrs. Tomorrow night I will probably contact Pay Pal to seek a refund, I will let them deal with it from here. Can't be bothered waiting for Wish to deal with it, particularly over the Christmas period.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Well its now 2 days since I notified Wish of there mistake, yet I have had no reponse. So Ive raised it as an issue with PayPal, now its in there system and they can pursue it on my behalf.
They normally take 30 days to resolve issues. Not too bothered about the time scale, as long as I get my money back. Lets see if Wish drag there heals now with Pay Pal on there backs ?
I will keep you updated.

Intashu

Elite member
Hey now! I fly most of my planes on knock off 6210 recievers with zero issues! Although none via WISHful thinking! got all mine off Aliexpress. I own three diffrent genuine ones, and put them in my better builds. but have like 6 knockoff's for my other birds. I suprisingly have yet to have a single issue with any of them. Without the satellite receivers I was dubious about the range they'd give me, But I typically fly under 100' in a park roughly the size of three football fields side-by-side. And I don't fly with anyone else running spektrum gear to interfere either.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I actually have three AR6210s, the first came with my Spektrum transmitter when I bought it. Pretty sure that one is genuine its got the hexagonal head screws in the case, to be honest I haven't used it.
I bought one off ebay, that had no Spektrum packaging so is probably fake its also got cross head screws in the case. Tell tale sign its a fake same as the one I got from Wish.
The only one Ive tried is the wish receiver that was okay for 200 meters after that (n).
One day I will link them all up to servos and do some range tests see if any are worth keeping, if and when I can get my son to help me out that is :unsure:.
Might take them to my club on my next visit and see if anyone else turns up who could help. All three of mine have satallites, so should be okay for long range.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I also have an AR610 receiver which I bought a while ago second hand off eBay. It was involved in a crash, my first WOT trainer to be exact. It was being flown at the time by the chairman of my old club, who claimed to be a great pilot. The crash turned out to be due to a 4.8v flight battery with low voltage (obviously he wasn't that good he never checked the battery or did a range check). Anyway as a result, I never quite trusted that receiver after that, until recently. Its now in my Sportster and after completing a full range check I used it for its maiden.
However, first opportunity I get I will replace it with something more trust worthy in like an AR620 or one of my new Radiomaster receivers that are due to arrive shortly.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I ended up having txt conversation in the early hours of this morning 25th Dec with a customer support person from Wish.
The first asked me to take a picture of the wrong item they sent me, but taken out of the box this time. No problem did that, attached photo sent it off.
Then they asked me for the order number of the package label, so sent that. Not correct they wanted one from a label underneath the outer label. So carefully pealed it off took another picture and sent that. Then they sent another message, there is another label under the second label, they wanted a picture of that.
I was getting wound up now but determined not to be beaten. Luckily I had a scalpel handy, I gradually removed the 2nd label bit by bit to reveal an order code, plus item identification saying faucet fitting (not nitro pull starter). Yes I had them bang to rights, they didn't expect me to get access to that label but I did it and photographed it. Sent it off and waited, this time they took there time replying and said.
"I see that you didn't receive the engine pull start and that you got a faucet. Its totally understandable that you feel disapponited about this. We strive to provid the most dlighful custome experience possible and apologise for not meeting your expectations in this situation. Ive passed your feedback to our team so they are aware of your experience."
Great I now have a message saved, where they admit they are at fault. So now I can pursue a refund through PayPal with evidence if they fail to supply the refund themselves in the next 7 days.
That did annoy me a bit that they didn't offer to give me a full refund effective immediately.
They said " We hope this won't put you off shopping with us in future" right Id rather cut off a part of my anatomy with arusty knife than use them again for anything.
So a word from the wiser stay clear of WISH they are bad news.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Well I said I would keep you updated, today PayPal gave me a full refund for my Wish purchase. Wish failed to contact them within a specified time period so PayPal ruled in my favour. I can now strke Wish off my list of suppliers.
Result.