Blade 250 CFX ESC

Is there a way to program soft-start into this thing?

If not, anyone have a recommendation for a new ESC w/ soft start?

HH doesn't give much info on their ESC. I suppose I could look up the motor and go from there. I'll post anything I find.

This ESC is really bad. It turns on at a very high RPM. Worse than an ESC with normal start mode. You cannot get this motor to spin up slowly using this ESC.

I use one tick of trim to show just how bad it is. I'm sure you've seen some videos of this thing flying and when someone spools it up it becomes possessed. I'm not feeling that on a $330 model.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
If you look up the esc most of them can be programmed by stick commands. It is a royal pain in the butt to do at first. There should also be programming cards that can be used for easier change of settings. I would not go tossing money at new gear just yet as these things are tested and most of all that is worked out and set before you buying it. Sometimes things fall thru the cracks and get sent out not set properly.

Look up the esc and on the manufacturers web site should be the stick commands and or what ever programming method they recommend.

Not sure on the DX radios but I know on the Devos I used to use they had settings for how fine the trims made changes. it defaulted to 4 out of 20 which was a pretty heavy change maybe the DX radios have the same feature where you can scale what your trims output for each click?

Last edited:

KRAR

1. make sure end points on throttle are adjusted correctly....

power up fbl unit only while transmitter is on with a rz pack...

put throttle to full stick, plug in ESC.

wait for beeps

put throttle to minimum. power everything down and the power everything from the normal battery and check it out.

2. make sure throttle curves are set per manual.

It wasn't mixing or endpoints. In the video I am giving the ESC the absolute minimum amount of throttle input and the stock ESC turns on at a high speed.

I ended up putting a Blade 450 ESC on it for the main motor, and a little BL heli ESC for the tail.

It is so much better like this. The tail holds the same, but when you give it throttle the heli doesn't flop around before takeoff. I would imagine the gears and ESC will last a lot longer slowly spooling up vs turning on at half throttle.