Burt Rutan speaks at AMA (2010)

earthsciteach

I was wandering the dark, cobweb filled recesses of the internet tonight and came upon a series of videos from a presentation that Burt Rutan gave at AMA back in 2010 (I think). He's been an inspiration to me over the years, I've heard him speak in person a couple of times and visited his facility at Mojave Airport back when the Voyager was under construction. I don't think his interview on the podcast came off very well, but I guess he does have a lot to brag about. Anyway, I think this is a great watch. He does a very good job of showing how his modeling of aircraft as a kid led to his success as an aerospace engineer. I often have conversations with friends lamenting the lack of more "advanced" build techniques in FT episodes and on the forum. Its great to bring new people into the hobby, but if you aren't learning new skills and techniques, you won't stay in the hobby. At least, that's my take on things. At any rate, I hope folks enjoy this. You can build anything you really want to build. You can learn any skill that you want to learn. Its all within reach. Don't ask FT to do something that you've thought of. Do it yourself!

Here's clip 1 of 8:

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Hey, Thanks for sharing these! I watched them about a year ago and thought they were great. They're almost article worthy.