Call more attention to YOUR articles.

poerboy

Ok I know I used CAPS lock, but I meant it in the nicest way (emphasis, not shouting).

That said, I am new to the Flite Test world, and was drawn in by the sheer volume of videos and reviews you have on YouTube. However, once I finally managed to meander over to your site I couldn't find all of the great info you offered without digging around four a couple of hours.

For example, I want a tri-copter for AP and FPV, and your videos motivated me to build one my self (using your Bat Bones no less). So I figured hey, let's look at the "Multi-Rotor" link at the top of the page and start figuring this thing out. Well, it took me a little too long to realize that only 30-40% of the posts shown were actually from Flite Test, so I did a search to narrow it down to just your videos. Still half of the articles were from 3rd party contributors; useful, and detailed to be sure, but not what I was looking for.

I repeated the same process again in the "Workbench" section, obviously to no avail. Eventually I did discover that there is an exclusive Flite Test Articles section, and I located the info I set out to find. But this is not where my story end friend, because I then decided to make a purchase. So naturally I asked my self, "Where is the actual store?" Luckily I had began to align my search mentality to that of the web designer in charge of this visually stunning site (not sarcasm; this truly is a pretty site you have), and found what I need at the top of the page...but it's not intuitive or easily visible.

Now, it's worth noting that I have years of experience in IT and I am pretty comfortable navigating a website or two. But I will be the first to admit I have never taken on the challenge of designing, creating, and maintaining a fully functional e-commerce site which is also tacked onto an enthusiastic community engaged forum with the obviously daunting scope of this one-- not to mention the skeleton crew of passionate, and likely overwhelmed at times, hobbyist and entrepreneurs which must work tirelessly to keep it afloat while attempting to dabble in having a personal life as well.

But I digress: put a little more attention to the dedication you put into this site, and make YOUR work front and center. The rest will come naturally with the equally dedicated following you have. So make those Flite Test articles front-and-center; highlight the hyperlink to the store; and for God's sake, find a way to better integrate the forums in an intuitive manner (I accentuate this in particular only because I know it's a near impossible task...but you can do it :cool:)

Rant OFF: Thanks for everything you do, and keep up the good work guys :D

eagle4

Hey mate. welcome to the forums :)
You might be happy to know that they are currently developing a new version of the site. I've heard Chad mention it a couple of times in the podcasts. I'm sure they will take note of your observations and hopefully when the new site comes out it can be a little sleeker in terms of operation.

adamd

skunkworx hobbies
did you try the "flitetest" article section which is devoted to just their articles? try clicking on the gremlin on the far right of the navigation bar

poerboy

Hey mate. welcome to the forums :)
You might be happy to know that they are currently developing a new version of the site. I've heard Chad mention it a couple of times in the podcasts. I'm sure they will take note of your observations and hopefully when the new site comes out it can be a little sleeker in terms of operation.

Well now I feel sheepish... :rolleyes: Thanks for the info!

poerboy

did you try the "flitetest" article section which is devoted to just their articles? try clicking on the gremlin on the far right of the navigation bar

Yep, and I mentioned it in the post. But looking back at the size of that rant I can't really blame you if you skimmed past it. :eek:

Thanks for the response though. Cheers!