Cant believe I'm saying this.

epiper93

So, I cannot believe I'm even going to admit this. But after being with Spektrum since 2011 I have decided to switch to Futaba. If you look at the FHSS and The FASST protocols through a scope you will see they frequency hop far quicker than any DSM technology, not only that but they use far more of the 2.4 Ghz band. With Futaba it doesnt matter which gets power first. The RX or the TX the latency is not existent and makes DSM's 11ms or 22ms look almost embarrasing. My brother and my father have been flying their Futaba 18sz's for a few months now and it is a phenomenal radio. So I decided to pick one up myself. Not looking back. This thing is amazing!

Timmy P

Its hard to leave something thats not broken. I feel ya.. Ive had Spektrum since 05. And I have never once had a glitch. All 4 years at Flite Fest. Even during the world record attempt I never had a hiccup.. But... if I was to ever switch. It would for sure be Futaba. I was eyeing Futaba at the racetracks while I had my JR controllers as a kid.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I wish I could afford to switch all my gear to Futaba.

I wouldn't do it of course - I love my OpenTX - but I wish I could afford it :p