CrazePony F3, how to flash?

ItMightFly

EDIT2: PROBLEM FIXED! Thanks PsyBorg!

Hey guys!
So I recently bought a CrazePony F3 FC for my kwad. First, I do not recommend getting this board, this is not the first issue I have had with it.

I would like to know what name to flash it under.

Here is a list of all the "c" names (Betaflight):

picturetabbeat.png

Thanks guys! I need all the help I can get!

EDIT: I also checked CleanFlight, if you was wandering... Thought I would throw that in...

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
If you extend the log you will see at boot up what it identifies itself as. My guess off the top of my head would be an SPF3 clone. As that is where I got my fake SPF3 from for my Versacopter. You can tell its a clone as the beeper ground is wrong on the board and when connected to the proper pads does not stop buzzing.

ItMightFly

It says "SRF3". There is also no SRF3 in the names...

EDIT: at least it did, now it won't load:
snippteter.PNG

Unfortunately, this is a problem that I've had before. My solution: 4 months...

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
That would be pretty much confirmation of an SPF3 clone. I can't tell ya what to do with taking chances on your gear but its a high percentage the SPF3 firmware will work.

Another possibility is to go to the discription where you bought it and see what they are calling it. Crazypony is just a reseller they are not the manufacturers. They have to give a target name to sell it under or to load the basic firmware to begin with after they cloned it. Pretty sure this will lead to finding something about SPF3 some where on the page.

ItMightFly

It worked! Even though it's a knock off, it still flashed under the SPRacing F3 name. Thanks a lot for all the help!

succeeesss.PNG

Last edited: