Do helicopters generate static electricity and is it ever a problem?

Scott102

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place. I am an absolute novice when it comes to this.

We got my 12 yr old a mini copter through Groupon for his birthday. The controller will not sync to the copter. The RC has a spot to change the channel, but there is nothing there, like it was omitted somehow. We didn't open it for over three weeks, so now Groupon won't take it back.

The copter is made by Odyssey Flying Machines and is model ODY-808. Based on the poorly worded manual, I am not optimistic about customer service from this company, though I have sent them an email.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Anything in magnetic field with moving parts made with plastics. nylon, metals will generate electricity to some degree. In our case not enough to worry about as in most cases frames ground things well and most electronics are isolated.

I just tried to find the copter you mentioned and can not. Odyssey puts out the largest and diverse product range that I have ever seen. The closest I came to what you as is the 908g. I did see one mention of an 808g but its in a link I will not click on. That said any of their flying toys I saw were super low end toy grade stuff that I would guess better then half don't work as intended out of the box.

My suggestion is you look more into better known helis so at least someone would have some kind of knowledge about them to better help when needed. Maybe start out on one of horizon hobbies blade series coaxial helicopters for him. They are pretty common, relatively well known and of better quality then anything I saw from Odyssey.