Don't Forget TPA when tuning

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
As you might know I have re built my Alien over winter and it debuted with crazy shakes. I figured out it was a camera thing after eliminating tuning issues. I spent the time getting a decent tune but toiday when I went out to hit it hard and find what minor tweaking it needed I realized I had started tuning with TPA way too high. It flew great yesterday as long as I did not sustain high throttle. Today I was doing a short track out back where I could get a nice straight run as well as hard 180 + turns where you are into the throttle hard are. well needless to say it was crazy with the high rpm shakes. When I remembered where TPA was in my troubleshooting it was double what I usually see. anwya I tsrtart dropping it down a little and here is where it stands after the days runs. As usual I clipped my antenna off again after laying over and getting too close to a flag in a fast turn. I heard it go pop across teh yard when it snapped off and then video went to full static while in a full bank and nearly full throttle in a turn.

THAT is quite the accomplishment since I use a dipole. the only thing I can think of is the flag pushed it down into one of the props which I thought I had measured pretty well for that to NOT happen. Anyways here is part of the pack before I killed the antenna and had to stop for the day.