DON'T PANIC!!!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
This happened to the Baby Tri recently...

Cheers!
LitterBug

EDIT: Really interested to see other people's "DON'T PANIC" Moments!

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Very good point Montiey! That would have been my next thought had it been or gotten worse. Fortunately had just enough of a sliver view that all turned out OK. On this previous flight when my VTX connector failed, Autolevel hit my mind just as baby hit the ground.
All happened too fast that time. Fortunately no damage at all.

Cheers!
LitterBug

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Why not just pop into an inverted yaw spin? You probably had enough altitude to pull it off and recover. Besides they say getting your heart rate up for twenty minutes a day is a good thing. :p

Nice job way to ride it thru. I have had that happen on more then one occasion. Sometimes good results sometimes spectacular results.

EDIT: I will have to look thru my videos.. I have one last year where I hit the gate.. pulled the poles apart and stretched the bungee cord so tight it actually tossed the quad backwards as it re compressed.

Last edited:

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
I've had a few leaves on the lens. I find a snappy roll helps. Last week I was flying with others and had the "oh now I see your signal, don't panic moment"

LitterBug

Techno Nut
TRI to fly between storms

Another test of nerves with the Baby Tri today around 1:50....

These things have 9 lives....

Cheers!
LitterBug

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Hmm, leaves on the camera. I think your advice is likely very sound but somehow I think when I encounter the same situation I'm going to go with the panic.

Nice job keeping your wits about you. Impressive.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
HEY!!! that looks like what I was doing between a row of trees today trying to sort my video issues out on my Gremlin. Dodge the tree does NOT function on an oh crap switch. On the bright note I am getting better at holding a steady altitude on my over weight beastie.