Dubai Desert Formation Flying..Proximity | FPV Meet 2014

dunder

well some of us arent lucky with the scenery where we fly but when you have an awesome FPV group locally then you can surely have a great time :D.I spent a month in dubai last december as i was visiting my parents and had a blast with the FPV flyers there.here is the edit.Hope you guys enjoy it and watch in HD ;)

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
That was great! Was that all from the same wing? That sand landing had me cringing on the cleanup afterwards. I can definitely see why you landed on the road at the end!

dunder

Thank you PCH .yup it was definitely fun.Every friday and saturday mornings from 8 to 11 :D
@makattack yup all are from the same wing ie. the one in the video thumbnail.except for the roll on take off in the beginning(ranger EX) and ofcourse when i was being chased.Remember the broken X8 fuselages in my previous x8 crash video.So yeah had a pair of skywalker X8 wings lying around and i didnt need a lot of space so i just cut the wings a little changed the aileron sizing and glued them together and cut out spaces in the wing.Weighs 1.8 kg with a 5000 mAh 3s APM 2.6(Just for failsafe) ezuhf rx vtx sj4000 + fpv cam and a 1300 mah lipo for the fpv gear onboard and flies beautifully :cool:.
And yeah that sand landing wasnt an intentional landing.I like to follow the wings shadow as i fly proximity but with sand there is a problem.the texture is so consistent that its hard to judge the height and hence i crashed into the sand ;). the plane is much easier to clean ( just blowing into the camera bay and jerking the whole body up and down) its all the sand that goes into your shoes which is a pain :p