Durafly Spitfire

jsknockoff

Mentor
I'm normally a balsa purist but lately I've picked up a few foamies when they go on sale cheap. My latest purchase is a Durafly Spit, and I have to say just looking at it in the box it seems like a decent quality piece. I haven't put it together yet mainly because I fly from home and the amount of runway I have may not accommodate this one. I am excited to give it a try though. It seems like it's going to have a pretty high wing loading which will translate into a fairly fast plane. I'll do a mini review with some pics when I start unpacking and building.

Pete678

ive had my eye on the durafly spit for a while now. Would be interested to see how she flys. I had the parkzone spit think it was the mk9
brushless one. It flew like a dream and was very forgiving. Was a lovely plane to fly scale and looked the part too :)

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
I've had the MK.1 for a while and I love it! It is easily one of the nicest looking Spitfire models out there. It's got plenty of power and is a great flyer. It's not as forgiving as the Parkzone Spitfire, its heavier and definitely needs to be respected. It can drop a wingtip if you get too slow. But, with flaps full down, it slows down to near walking pace for landing. It's also optional 3-4S, but if you use 3S it is a bit underpowered and you will need nose wieght. A 4S 2200 all the way forward will put the CG in the right place. Here are a few photos I got from a fellow club member of it in the air:
IMG_8895.JPG
IMG_9573.JPG