DX6i simple questions

docque

Ok, I have built many FT planes and I need clarification on wording and my DX6i.

If it says that we set the deflection to 16 degrees that means to set the travel adjust for rudder and elevator to 16 degrees (kit usually has the gauge). Correct on that?

Now, I have another set of plans that says to set the throw to 12 degrees. My assumption is that throw and deflection are the same.

Lastly. Expo set to 30% means to go into the D/R&EXPO and the first setting (default is 100%) to 30%. Or is EXPO the second setting that is set to "INH"?

TazRC

Obsession, not hobby
1st option: Control surface
2: Switch position
3: Dual Rate (Rate of "servo" throw in percentage)
4: Expo (Exponential in percentage)

IMG_0667.JPG

Note on number 3: Dual Rate: This adjusts total servo travel, not the throw that you set the servo up with on your build. For example: If you setup a servo and its linkage to have 15mm of control surface deflection, setting Dual Rate to 70% will reduce the 15mm deflection by 30%. Useful for things like flying acro and then wanting less throw to make it easier to land. Stated control surface percentages or dimensions are almost always the recommended control surface movement, not transmitter values.

Note on Expo: INH is zero or no exponential. If plans recommend 30%, simply set the Expo to 30%.

Last edited: