Eastern Pennsylvania

DO you fly off the lake? I saw a guy down there once flying his float plane on the lake.

I don't yet, just started last week. Only plane I have with electronics is a blunt nose versa. I've only been flying about 3-4 times.

Definitely on the list though, as well as FPV flying down the river section once I get the gear.

PhenomPilot

I have wanted to take take my sea plane out on Blue Marsh lake but would need to drag out the kayak as well.

Bleumunkie, we should get together and fly some time. Occasionally I fly out at Jefferson park just west of bernville or over the fields at the end of Justa Rd. My blunt nose versa never quite flew and went in the trash last month. I do have a 130% size Dusty and bunch of other flitetest planes to play with.

PhenomPilot

Do any of you guys in the area have Fpv goggles that I could try on some time? I am looking for a set maybe for Christmas but want to try some on as my narrow IPD (eyes) may be a problem. I know guys with wide IPD have complained about the goggles not working well for them. Thanks

I have wanted to take take my sea plane out on Blue Marsh lake but would need to drag out the kayak as well.

I need to get a water friendly plane but I'm game as well, can do with kayak or jon boat if I haven't sold it by then.

Bleumunkie, we should get together and fly some time. Occasionally I fly out at Jefferson park just west of bernville or over the fields at the end of Justa Rd. My blunt nose versa never quite flew and went in the trash last month. I do have a 130% size Dusty and bunch of other flitetest planes to play with.

Absolutely. I have only done small flights in the field between Mario's and the Post Office. Jefferson field is my next target, lets get together. I only have my blunt nose right now, but working on expanding the hangar.

Last edited:
Do any of you guys in the area have Fpv goggles that I could try on some time? I am looking for a set maybe for Christmas but want to try some on as my narrow IPD (eyes) may be a problem. I know guys with wide IPD have complained about the goggles not working well for them. Thanks

I don't have any FPV gear yet, but it is on the list. My aerial photography so far has consisted of taping a old android phone to the front of my blunt nose versa.

Question for you - I've completed taping my Kraken Plans together, and cut out all the structure - Will start on assembly soon. I'd like to have someone record the maiden for me, but the kid is 5 and sucks with a camera - and the wife is busy with the new baby.

Up for it? Unsure of exact day yet - but I'd be maidening at Jefferson. Probably sometime late this week or early next week if weather permits.

offaxis

I do not have any FPV gear. I hope Flite Test releases the water plane that Peter built from Planes 2 movie. That would be cool but I have many other planes to build before that one.

Anyways, it would be fun to get a group together and fly. I currently don't have any one to fly with and this weather is not cooperating. It's definitely been an adventure learning on my own. Thankfully all my original air frames are still flyable.

I also thought it would be sweet to fly indoors at SPooky Nook sports complex or a similar place.

PhenomPilot

Spooky Nook would be awesome to fly at from what I hear. Has anyone ever flown there? I wonder if we could make it affordable enough to do. Also, I am really looking forward the FT minis episode and plans.

Here in reading there is a small group that flys helis indoors but there really isn't enough room to fly planes unfortunately.

PhenomPilot

Spooky Nook would be awesome to fly at from what I hear. Has anyone ever flown there? I wonder if we could make it affordable enough to do. Also, I am really looking forward the FT minis episode and plans.

Here in reading there is a small group that flys helis indoors but there really isn't enough room to fly planes unfortunately.

Kraken Status-

Done:
- Tiled plans printed - Taped, and cut into part sections.
- Wing built
- Power harness soldered together and ran
- Servo / ESC extensions ran
- Transmitter programmed for differential thrust
- Powerpods built
- motors / ESC's tested for proper counter rotation

TO DO:
- Attach Nacelles
- Attach wing endcaps
- Attach Ailerons
- Build and Attach landing gear

Notes: I was unsure of how big this was really going to be. I had the Blunt Nose Versa - and this is 186% of a regular Versa. So mentally I was preparing to be disappointed. HOLY CRAP THIS THING IS HUGE!!!!! I'm soOooOoOoo excited to fly this thing.

Last edited: