Episode 25 with Community Member, Julian Waters is released!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I really enjoy the podcast.

I have been catching up on the 'cast, but I'm never sure when you're going to do the show, where should I look and how do I find the Build night time?

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Show Suggestions

I really enjoy the podcast.

I have been catching up on the 'cast, but I'm never sure when you're going to do the show, where should I look and how do I find the Build night time?

Mike, Pat, Joel, & gang,

I would like to echo that sentiment. And rather than merely critiquing I would also like to offer a couple of suggestions intended only to make things more user-friendly for the intended recipients. So don't get defensive, no ruffling of feathers, do nobody get their panties in a wad. I know we are all friends here but sometimes on the forum... well... you know. And if you think I might mean you then you're probably right.

1) If there could be more timely and more frequent notifications of the upcoming show it would help the potential live listeners to plan their day to be available. Make the announcement in a fitting place on the forum, perhaps as y did with this on for show 25 but send out 26's ahead of the show. Post a reminder to the thread maybe a week in advance and then a day the day of. Then when the show happens you can paste it into the first post of that show thread.

2) I hear of show notes to be posted but never see them. Where can one find these?

3) If the hosts and guests have aliases, web sites, or the like would you please include this as part of the introduction on the beginning of the show and also at the end. Doing this at the beginning would help live listeners engage more meaningfully as we could also be checking out the guests already posted work. Doing it at the end gives the listener another opportunity to review posts and projects of those from the show and connect more. I believe you guys were doing this before and would appreciate it to continue.

Other than those few things I really enjoy the relaxed banter and also the interaction with those on live chat. Keep of the good work men.
—Jim

earthsciteach

No offense taken! Thank you for the feedback. We REALLY appreciate feedback!

We are very bad about being consistent with notifications of upcoming podcasts. We have said that we are going to do better. Aaaand, yet, here we are again. :black_eyed:

We have not made a point of posting on the forum for a while. The reason behind that is, we haven't really got much response on anything we put on the forum. So, we've focused on the FT Fans facebook page because it seemed like that was where we had the greatest impact. Also, we have our own facebook page, which we post updates on: https://www.facebook.com/FTCommunitypodcast/

I'm glad we are getting feedback here, because this is what I consider the heart of the FT Community.

earthsciteach

We are planning on recording one this coming Sunday, March 12. Our guest situation is a bit up in the air right now, though. If we do the podcast Sunday we will be streaming on our youtube channel starting around 8:00 pm eastern.

Playing devil's advocate here, but dont you risk alienating some of the community by not posting in the forum? Especially those of us that are allergic to facebook

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'm looking forward to bringing more of the post-podcast discussion over to the forums too, being another person afflicted with a serious facebook allergy. :)

But, I do understand putting your focus where the people are responding - so if we don't actively engage after everyone giving it another try here on the forums, then shame on us!

For a little more feedback on the actual recorded show content - it's AWESOME!! :applause: I love seeing the cast pop up in my feed, and often rearrange listening order to get to it NOW and let my other podcasts wait! Technically, ya'll have very good sound quality and volume levels (especially since Joel's recording situation improved this last cast) that makes it easy to listen to.

My favorite thing to see on the show title is that you have a community guest coming on the show. It's so good to hear the conversations and banter expanding and embracing others in the community, from reoccurring guests to brand new voices.

My other favorite thing is when you call out recently spotted awesome things community members are doing here in the forums. I would really like to see this become a regular part of the show just like the host updates. Maybe even throw it to each of the hosts to bring one project or discussion thread with them for the recording session. There are so many amazing projects going on that it can be hard to find them all, and I love hearing the conversations on the ones I'm watching like a hawk too.

But most of all, I love what you're doing and really appreciate how the audio format helps bring together the community feel in another dimension beyond the forum interface.

And I can't wait to see you all at FliteFest again this summer :)

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
I'm looking forward to bringing more of the post-podcast discussion over to the forums too, being another person afflicted with a serious facebook allergy. :)

But, I do understand putting your focus where the people are responding - so if we don't actively engage after everyone giving it another try here on the forums, then shame on us!

For a little more feedback on the actual recorded show content - it's AWESOME!! :applause: I love seeing the cast pop up in my feed, and often rearrange listening order to get to it NOW and let my other podcasts wait! Technically, ya'll have very good sound quality and volume levels (especially since Joel's recording situation improved this last cast) that makes it easy to listen to.

My favorite thing to see on the show title is that you have a community guest coming on the show. It's so good to hear the conversations and banter expanding and embracing others in the community, from reoccurring guests to brand new voices.

My other favorite thing is when you call out recently spotted awesome things community members are doing here in the forums. I would really like to see this become a regular part of the show just like the host updates. Maybe even throw it to each of the hosts to bring one project or discussion thread with them for the recording session. There are so many amazing projects going on that it can be hard to find them all, and I love hearing the conversations on the ones I'm watching like a hawk too.

But most of all, I love what you're doing and really appreciate how the audio format helps bring together the community feel in another dimension beyond the forum interface.

And I can't wait to see you all at FliteFest again this summer :)

RockyBoy, Sorry I didn't see this post earlier! Thanks a ton, it is really appreciated! We are trying to get a better handle on what we should be doing to enrich the community! I am sure you saw and filled out the survey,(Sorry, doing this at work, shhhh) LOL so I can't check at the moment. As we get a little farther/further? along, we will be slowly making (I hope) improvements that the community wants to see.

Looking more forward to FTFF East 2017 than any yet! I keep getting more friends from this community and you guys really don't know how much each of those friendships mean to me! Oh, who am I kidding, FAMILY!!!

Keep listening and we will get better!!!

Thanks so much guys and girls!

Mike Finley