Favorite Brad of motors?

midnightdaylight

Favorite Brand of motors?

Hey guys simple question... When you want the best bang for your buck who do you go to?
I'm looking mainly for the most reliability I can get, in the 15-30$ range.

I'm having trouble finding a go review site for motors :-/

Last edited:

Quad

Hey guys simple question... When you want the best bang for your buck who do you go to?
I'm looking mainly for the most reliability I can get, in the 15-30$ range.

I'm having trouble finding a go review site for motors :-/

It is really hard to find competitive reviews. Are you building a 250 mini H quad or which quad are you looking to build?

Last edited:

Quad

Suppo makes nice motors and they are priced low.
For the 250 quads the 1806 motors from DYS are popular (likely 5" props)
From there the 2204 2300KV motors from Sunny Sky and Cobra are nice. With some folks choosing cobra to get 1960KV. (5" or 6" props)
For Uber 250 quads (This is really rare and perhaps over the top :) ) the Cobra 2208 series 2000KV or Sunny Sky 2208 2600KV are both used. The 2208 series is also used in the Blackout 330/360 quad.

All the 250 quad motors work in the mini-Hex as well. Though 2208 might be super uber Hex...

Sunny Sky makes a nice range of 2212 or 2216 motors for 450 size quads and if you go to the 3508 or 3510 for long flight times you have several brands to choose from.

Sunny Sky's need their grub screws removed and loctitied with removable loctite.

Last edited:

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I'm a sunnysky motor guy but this is my favorite brad image.jpg

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
I use the Suppo motors from Altitude for my bigger multirotors and Cobras for my small ones. I've had good results so far. I've bought the Cobras from a few different places.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Suppo guy here and with the Twitchity Quad in the build queue, I'm going to look into Cobra or Tiger motors