FF15 Question Thread

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hello all!

As you can see by (somewhat) of an error Flite Fest 2015 registration has opened! The full launch/announcement will be occurring on Friday of this week. Meanwhile I will be continuing to add info and tidy up the website as it will be a little more revamped by the end of the week.

Meanwhile if anyone has any questions or if something is unclear, feel free to post concerns here. I will try to answer here in this thread, and more importantly update the FAQ/website if anyone has any issues.

It's a bit crazy to think that the event isn't that far away! Lots of planning an behind the scenes work has already begun. :)

Thanks everyone!
-Austin

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hello all!

As you can see by (somewhat) of an error Flite Fest 2015 registration has opened! The full launch/announcement will be occurring on Friday of this week.
-Austin

Funny, registration might be full by Friday! ;) Can't wait to see everyone there again this year!

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Funny, registration might be full by Friday! ;) Can't wait to see everyone there again this year!

Very unlikely, but possible I suppose :p
We will have more camping/parking space now so hopefully we can accommodate plenty of people.
Maybe 25% more then last year.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Very unlikely, but possible I suppose :p
We will have more camping/parking space now so hopefully we can accommodate plenty of people.
Maybe 25% more then last year.

That's awesome news Austin. Did you tell your dad you were going to be having a few MORE friends over? ;)

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
That's awesome news Austin. Did you tell your dad you were going to be having a few MORE friends over? ;)

More like... I told the neighboring property owner I was going to have a few more friends over ;)

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Hey Austin, nice work getting it up early (even though it was rather inadvertent).

I heard from CraftDan that there may be a water feature at FF this year. Is this a possibility? I just finished my seaplane, and I'm itching to try it on the water. (It's really snowy in Wisconsin)

bgfireguy92

Mr. Furey, I am going to pay for a camping spot now (since it's like Willie wonka golden ticket I hear) but if I cant get the camper and have too give it up can I refund it or use it as store credit or is it non refundable? Thanks

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
As you can see by (somewhat) of an error Flite Fest 2015 registration has opened!
-Austin

I hope it wasn't a huge inconvenience... I had checked the flitefest site last week from a system at work to see if registration was open. When I logged back in yesterday it refreshed and ... low and behold... there was a new eventbrite page and I could register. I'm probably not the only one who was checking regularly but I'm sorry if the floodgates got opened before you guys wanted them opened. :eek:

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hey Austin, nice work getting it up early (even though it was rather inadvertent).
I heard from CraftDan that there may be a water feature at FF this year. Is this a possibility? I just finished my seaplane, and I'm itching to try it on the water. (It's really snowy in Wisconsin)

It's still to be decided but it's possibly :) It would be a man made water landing strip if anything.

Mr. Furey, I am going to pay for a camping spot now (since it's like Willie wonka golden ticket I hear) but if I cant get the camper and have too give it up can I refund it or use it as store credit or is it non refundable? Thanks

Yes, we have the ability to refund someone if they cannot come unexpectedly.

I hope it wasn't a huge inconvenience... I had checked the flitefest site last week from a system at work to see if registration was open. When I logged back in yesterday it refreshed and ... low and behold... there was a new eventbrite page and I could register. I'm probably not the only one who was checking regularly but I'm sorry if the floodgates got opened before you guys wanted them opened. :eek:

It was no problem at all. I threw some of the registration coding up on the site to test it and didn't think about taking it back down. I'm actually glad some of the active forum participates get a chance over the week to get registered first. Also, camping is first come first served as far as connivence and placement goes. So it will be nice for a lot of you to have the opportunity to be pretty central if you're camping.

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
It was no problem at all. I threw some of the registration coding up on the site to test it and didn't think about taking it back down. I'm actually glad some of the active forum participates get a chance over the week to get registered first. Also, camping is first come first served as far as connivence and placement goes. So it will be nice for a lot of you to have the opportunity to be pretty central if you're camping.

Glad to hear it, and THANKS!

Does this mean the camping sites are assigned when we book or when we arrive like last year? Either way is great. I'm just curious.

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Glad to hear it, and THANKS!

Does this mean the camping sites are assigned when we book or when we arrive like last year? Either way is great. I'm just curious.

Not necessarily assigned (it's possible but it is going to take a lot of effort) but they will at least be zoned. So there will zones and some will be preferred based on the layout of the event.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Soooooo, LOL, I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this but... Is there any way that the graphic for FF can be changed a little? The "Flite Fest" is straight on top of a curved banner. It just looks a bit odd to me. Don't get me wrong I think it looks great but that one part distracts me for some reason. If my OCD bugs you that's fine too. Just do not take this the wrong way. Its probably just me. I'm probably the ONLY person to notice it.

Attachments

• cropped-FliteFest-Logo-2015.jpg
    cropped-FliteFest-Logo-2015.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 355

Fleetingsolace

I have seen this asked in one or two other places, but I will ask here since it is pertinent!

Does the spectator fee cover one day, or does it cover all days? I am assuming it would only cover one day, and since I am on the fence about wanting to be a pilot or a spectator I may upgrade to pilot and work on my skills before the big weekend. :) I am surprising my husband with this trip-SOOOOO excited-but I am a beginner and would seriously consider registering as a pilot, too!

As a follow-up: since I have already purchased a spectator ticket, how might I go about upgrading to a pilot's ticket if (and probably when) I make that decision?

Thanks, everyone! I am pretty much freaking out about this. This is going to be awesome!

-Kimberly-

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I'd just get a pilot pass (if you can) and use it when you want. The beginner line last year was great, everyone was super nice in teaching people to fly and there was no pressure if you wrecked. It also grants you the opportunity to participate in the mega combat.

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Soooooo, LOL, I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this but... Is there any way that the graphic for FF can be changed a little? The "Flite Fest" is straight on top of a curved banner. It just looks a bit odd to me. Don't get me wrong I think it looks great but that one part distracts me for some reason. If my OCD bugs you that's fine too. Just do not take this the wrong way. Its probably just me. I'm probably the ONLY person to notice it.

Haha, I tell you what, a logo redesign is already in the works.
But it may have to wait for 2016. Hopefully that makes you feel a little better about it. ;)

I have seen this asked in one or two other places, but I will ask here since it is pertinent!

Does the spectator fee cover one day, or does it cover all days? I am assuming it would only cover one day, and since I am on the fence about wanting to be a pilot or a spectator I may upgrade to pilot and work on my skills before the big weekend. :) I am surprising my husband with this trip-SOOOOO excited-but I am a beginner and would seriously consider registering as a pilot, too!

As a follow-up: since I have already purchased a spectator ticket, how might I go about upgrading to a pilot's ticket if (and probably when) I make that decision?

Thanks, everyone! I am pretty much freaking out about this. This is going to be awesome!

-Kimberly-

Hi Kimberly, I can manually cancel your spectator pass if you would like to register as a pilot instead. Or if you ask someone at the registration tent nicely I am sure they will discount your pilot pass for the amount of a spectator pass when you check in and let them know you changed your mind and want to upgrade. Keep in mind that is will be substantially more expensive to register as a pilot at the "door". But at the end of the day you just need a wristband to be on the property or a pilot pass. :)

There is a $15 weekend long option which covers the 4 days for spectators or there is a $5 option if you are just planning on coming for the day. The daily and weekend wristbands will be different.

Thanks!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I wasn't asked for my AMA member number during registration? I assume that is going to be a requirement for all pilots again this year?

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I wasn't asked for my AMA member number during registration? I assume that is going to be a requirement for all pilots again this year?

Yep, it's a requirement to fly. However it's not a requirement at all to attend like many events.

Jippz

So I purchased camping and pilot pass, but I am wondering about camping for RVs? I know last year they where at one end, is this going to be the same? I want to get a great spot but driving in from TX I may not be able to leave early enough to be there when the gates open. It would be nice to be able to pay for a specific spot or a preferred spot. We felt we got left out a lot last year at the end of the field trying to build that giant old fogey.