First Ever MultiRotor Build

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
Anything to recommend for prop size? I was planning on 3D printing them in the first place instead of buying one

Unless you have a pricy SLS or SLA 3D printer, I’d suggest just buying props to avoid issues and frustration. Extruded 3D prints are weak between layers, and props are subject to tremendous forces. A 2300kv motor can theoretically spin a prop up to nearly 29,000 revolutions per minute on a 3S (3 cell, 12.6V) battery. I’d argue props are the most important part of any quad as they’re what’s responsible for manipulating the air and creating thrust.

The powerpack E with the Kiss and Lumenier 2206s will give you tons of thrust with 5” or 6” props. I’m a big fan of the HQ V1S polycarbonate props. The 5x4.8x3 is fast & powerful - https://store.flitetest.com/hq-prop-durable-5x4-8x3-v1s-pc-propeller/
The 5x4.3x3 is a little more docile (looks like currently out of stock at FT)
The 5 is the length (5”). The 4.3 or 4.8 is the pitch (higher number = more aggressive, faster & amp hungry). The last 3 is the number of blades. You’ll see other prop manufactures that use 5046, which means 5” and 4.6 pitch.

The QX7 is great. I love mine.

The versacopter is a great platform. It’s a little heavy, which means more inertia, which can mean larger crashes. You’ll also want wide open spaces to fly and practice (soccer field, baseball field, large park).

The nice thing about a 2-3” quad like the gremlin is you’re talking about significantly less weight and something you can fly better in a big back yard. It’s not an indoor flyer like a Tiny Whoop and it’s not as powerful as a 5” racer, but it’s a ton of fun. Lastly, small 2S and 3S batteries for these “micro” quads are normally a fraction of the cost of a 4S 1300 or 1500 mah racing battery.