First order not going so smooth :/

Robx

A few days ago I ordered about 550$ worth of stuff and was tagged with manual authorization needed. I emailed tech support and got a quick reply back saying She'll look into it. Next day I got an email saying they tried to call but my number was wrong. I responded back with right number( number on account was the correct number). Didn't hear anything till last night saying that my order was changed to waiting fulfillment. Then This morning my order status was back to the original Manual verification. I'm not sure what to do. I know there a small company but that is a significant amount of money already taken out of my bank. Any thought on what to do? I have emailed them about this. Disclaimer...in no way am I bashing Flite Test..I've watched them since they where flying the FT flyer through a old warehouse(pre FT store)

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Most of on this site are volunteers who don't work for FT. However, we have some kick @$$ moderators here who can usually lend a hand.

I flagged your post which usually gets moderator attention pretty quickly.

Stick it out. FT is a pretty good shop with a good reputation.

Please do us three favors.

1. Don't split. Check back. Chances are good you will get a PM or a reply here by someone who can help in less than a day. Do remember, we are volunteers here.
2. When (because I'm confident in part 1) they do, please finish this thread.
3. When you build, post pictures and film the maiden voyage. In a few weeks we will all cheer with you!

Lastly I would like to suggest that everyone gets knocked down. What we do after is what defines us. IMO FT is a stand up org. I believe you will see that and soon.

Welcome to the FliteTest forums!

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'm sure when they find out why they are unable to process your order, they will have your items shipped to you.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
1. Don't split. Check back. Chances are good you will get a PM or a reply here by someone who can help.
2. When (because I'm confident in part 1) they do, please finish this thread.
3. When you build, post pictures and film the maiden voyage. In a few weeks we will all cheer with you!

Yeah, from what I understand, the last guy (no names, but I'm sure you know who I mean) had his issue resolved, I contacted him via PM, and even reopened his thread, but I haven't seen him post an update yet.

Robx

Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses! I'm sure I'll get my order straightened out. Got a Mighty Mini Guinea and a FRsky Tanaris on order. Always been a spektrum and BNF kind of flyer. I'm ready to broaden my horizon!!

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
The Taranis is a steeep learning curve. Take your time with it. It will do almost anything you ask of it once you learn how to ask.

When you get that Mini Guinea built, film the maiden with a hat cam.

Building your own is very different than flying one that is already trimmed out and built to spec. If you have trouble with the maiden and post the video lots of guys on this forum can help. It's a whole lot easier to diagnose a problem when there is video.

If your plane flies well on the maiden, we all get to enjoy your vid. :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Don't forget to watch the FT video on the steps to a good maiden to familiarize yourself with the process as well as learn what has tripped up many a pilot n the maidens. Welcome to FT mate.

earthsciteach

Congrats on the Taranis! FrSky is a rock solid protocol, even better than Spektrum (some folks have a lot of problems with DSM2 and DSMX). Like mentioned above, changing transmitters is kind of like changing CAD programs. Your brain won't like it at first, but stick with it and you will be fine. There are a lot of people on this forum who can help you our with it.

Welcome to the forum!

mikeporterinmd

Still Learning
The Taranis is a steeep learning curve. Take your time with it. It will do almost anything you ask of it once you learn how to ask.

When you get that Mini Guinea built, film the maiden with a hat cam.

Building your own is very different than flying one that is already trimmed out and built to spec. If you have trouble with the maiden and post the video lots of guys on this forum can help. It's a whole lot easier to diagnose a problem when there is video.

If your plane flies well on the maiden, we all get to enjoy your vid. :)

I haven't actually read it yet, but Alofthobbies.com wrote a Taranis guide. It's easy to set things up in a Taranis to make your life hard, and oh so sweet when you do it correctly!

With a flip of a switch, I can change my Tiny Trainer from a 3 channel to a four channel with flaperons. It would also be a good idea to actually change from the 3 channel wing to the 4 channel wing :) Perhaps I should make that change require two switches? Hmm...

Mike