Flight Psychology/Philosophy (and THEORY....) 101 (L5)

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
L5

For theory: 10 points to the first correct analysis of the phrase, "...and THEORY...." as it appears in the lesson title.

On a lighter down to earth note, things I learned at Flite Fest.

Practical things:

1) Aviator08 explained the chop power test for assessing nose heaviness. I was a little nose heavy and my landings were a little hot as a result. I do believe.

2) A guy from Canada stopped by my bench and told me how to lay my battery pack on a piece of posterboard and easily install the battery without the velcro catching. Just pull the posterboard out when the battery is in position. I also now carry a medium sized craft stick to easily pry the batteries out.

Personal things:

1) I'm a a little bit better bench modeler than I previously gave myself credit for. I figure I'm a solid intermediate now. Personal high marks for instincts on my B-25 build because; a) I correctly assessed my ability to pre-fab and complete the build on-site; and b) it performed exactly like I hoped it would. The perfect stunt plane for fat rich guys. Thank you Ultramicrobe.

2) I need more people around me like Aviator08, Mid7night, thenated0g, TheStig4449 et al, Sam, others and the wonderful FT folks. Need to do something about that.

Valentina didn't get too many airplane pictures, but she did remember the most important thing which happens to also be the one thing I was most likely to overlook. People.

ft guys.jpg

And one other thing. Kids love the B-25! It's like carrying around a puppy. They seem to be personally pleased with themselves for correctly identifying it as a B-25.

EDITED

Last edited:

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
I usually exit with several primary matters to perform. First I like to spend some time practising a maneuver I am not so smooth on. Since I want to get better at both racing and freestyle there are times I will simply do tough flips and rolls to test a new tweak to my tuning to look if I remedied some thing I noticed remaining time I flew. Other times I practice doing smoother tighter turns for racing.

Very cool! It's good to have some structure.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ehh I just keep repeating the same mistake in hopes the next mistake corrects the first one and I can actually do what I wanted in the first place. :rolleyes: :p

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Maybe you are just dialing in that particular corner of the envelope.

My super jazz drumming brother-in- law likes to remind me that it's "art".

The context is with respect to my guitar playing (I'm a beginner). But it applies to flying also I think. I liken my flying to dance......that's art also.

Rock it brah.... Whatever "it" is.

Last edited: