Flite Fest 2014 Road Trippers Organize!

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Ill let you know. If you want to volunteer email them at support@flitetest.com include your name, contact info and if you have any special skills........ keeping Teach out of trouble might be a good skill to list. J/K But really if you can do anything that you could do that you think could help them list it in your email. I'll pm you some other stuff

I'm hoping to make the trek from Wichita, KS. I'm still deciding how I want to get there.

1. Drive ~ 17hrs & 160 bucks
2. Fly commercial ~ 800 bucks roundtrip
3. Fly private (If I have my license by then) ~ 7hrs & 350bucks

I'll most likely grab a hotel nearby for the evenings.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
I'm hoping to make the trek from Wichita, KS. I'm still deciding how I want to get there.

1. Drive ~ 17hrs & 160 bucks
2. Fly commercial ~ 800 bucks roundtrip
3. Fly private (If I have my license by then) ~ 7hrs & 350bucks

I'll most likely grab a hotel nearby for the evenings.

I look forward to meeting everyone!
Fly private with me: free. I'm flying up for the event and would love to pick some people up. I'm in Southern Iowa so it's not out of the way

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
Fly private with me: free. I'm flying up for the event and would love to pick some people up. I'm in Southern Iowa so it's not out of the way
Along with that, if I only have to pick one person up I would love to be able to fly my P-51 over. Could surprise the Flite Fester's with a few quick passes :)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
That would be nice to see a flyby . . . but maybe surprise wouldn't be the best . . . hate to see an FT P-51 shreadded by a real P-51 . . .

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
That would be nice to see a flyby . . . but maybe surprise wouldn't be the best . . . hate to see an FT P-51 shreadded by a real P-51 . . .
I'm sure you would hear it coming.. but the thought of a P-51 shredding a P-51 foamy is making me chuckle to myself..

A P-51 arrival would be amazing! The airfield is 2640x50, but I'm not sure how they plan on setting up the event. The runway passes pretty close to the house. It's possible that they may accept a few full scale arrivals, but my guess is they would want them to come early in order to prevent having to shut everything down for 20 minutes.

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
A P-51 arrival would be amazing! The airfield is 2640x50, but I'm not sure how they plan on setting up the event. The runway passes pretty close to the house. It's possible that they may accept a few full scale arrivals, but my guess is they would want them to come early in order to prevent having to shut everything down for 20 minutes.
SO not as much showing off as what you would like :)

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
How many FT planes can you squeeze into a P-51D?
You'd be surprised. We could always put on an extra drop tank underneath the wing. That was my original plan. Putting FT planes in a drop tank, you could probably bring 20-30 in each. I have 4 of the drop tanks so there would be no problem hauling gear.

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
I could always just land at the nearest airport and come over. I shouldn't need more than 1,500 feet.

If you can land a production model P-51D Mustang in 1500ft, I have some ocean front property here in Ohio I will sell you for reeeeeeaalll cheap.......

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
The field also seems to sit in a gully, with wooded areas on either end of the runway. I can't see you getting a Mustang in and out of there safely. Sorry. Even if you tried it, it would be extremely risky.

SteevyT

The field also seems to sit in a gully, with wooded areas on either end of the runway. I can't see you getting a Mustang in and out of there safely. Sorry. Even if you tried it, it would be extremely risky.

All he needs is more power.

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
Hey, I found a photo of his Mustang.....

Although, for 500k, I think he may have overpaid....

297162-438x.jpg

captian kazuma

smile. you've got wings.
I live in bremerton whashington and I really want to go to flite test. But I dont drive and am kinda poor. If theres room in a carpool in the aera I can work off and or help earn my stop. I am new to rc and feel that this is my chance to learn alot and have fun doing. I dont have a lot to offer but my good attitude and hard work. So email me at purplekazuma86@gmail.com or on facebook im kazuma drewsin. Hope to hear from some one