Flite Fest 2015 Pics

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Yeah I packed way to many.
Next year I need to keep it down to 4 that I know I will fly.

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
You could have fit more... I still see light through the windows. Lol. How many did you actually fly?

allenajs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htaP-oS4oIs

Got a decent video of the circle wing plane. Thought I would drop it here.

Thanks for a great time!! I packed way too many planes, also. Just wasn't sure what to expect. I got a flightline camping spot but way down at the far end. If I can swing next year, I need to get there even earlier to get a closer spot. Wed night at 7pm wasn't early enough.

Allen

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Matt Gunn got me helping a father and son (John & Jacob) from Canada build a Mini Guinea.
Helping canadians build MG.jpg

He also got my daughters FT22 in front of the banner.
Hannahs FT22.jpg

I too packed entirely too many planes to FF and packed even more back.

Last edited:

herk1

Trash Hauler emeritus
I brought 15 planes and flew 13. But it got to where I quit flying the five fast planes that I brought (one of which was never flown), because the sky got constantly too crowded to go zipping around through a swarm of slow planes with a fast plane (though some people did it anyway). Between that problem and the receiver lockouts, I'm not sure what I'm going to do next year. FF15 was not as good a flying environment as FF14 due to the more-constantly overcrowded sky (and overcrowded frequency spectrum).

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
i was just about to post the exact same thing! Not sure how the wireless is out there, but would love to see some pics or vids.

coughcoughFLITEFESTWESTcoughcough

It's coming...

It is currently in the works, I promise.

AndyR

Matt Gunn got me helping a father and son from Canada build a Mini Guinea.
View attachment 50680

He also got my daughters FT22 in front of the banner.
View attachment 50681

I too packed entirely too many planes to FF and packed even more back.

I met you and your daughter when i was helping in the build tent. I was the guy over by the drill press and soldering station. (Andy Ross) I didn't know you were from Knoxville, I'm in Morristown! Small world huh?! ;)

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I was hoping to share my moms photos - but she mainly just shot my daughter and her cousin playing with their chuck gliders from lazertoys, nice shots but she doesn't want to share most of them publicly :( That and a lot of photos of superman and the first combat on Saturday - but those pretty much all look alike :D

She did get one nice shot of me and my nephew that I just have to share though:

_KAT9368-L.jpg

I built the BW Friday afternoon and Saturday morning just to fly in combat. I did more damage to it with my flying than combat in the first round. Then in the BW specific combat I went down with someone else who apparently got his prop caught in one of my aileron linkages. At least I got one point :)

After that I retired it and with a bit of weight and a soft foam ball on the nose converted it into a glider for my nephew to keep. He was really excited about getting his own plane. Though I don't expect it to last very long the way he plays with things :D

herk1

Trash Hauler emeritus
jhitesma - That was my BW that got stuck to yours in the combat. I put a new prop on it, pushed the nose back into an almost-straight position, and it flew just fine a half hour later. I also had one of the two Supermans at FF, but probably not the one you took pics of. Gryf posted a link earlier in the thread that included photos of mine (thanks, Gryf). Looks like your nephew had appropriate footwear for the mud (and Spiderman-themed, too!). I was glad I brought a bunch of extra pairs of dry socks...I used them all.

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
I went barefoot for the first day.. Brought some low top hiking boots and those were nice once it got a little dryer.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
jhitesma - That was my BW that got stuck to yours in the combat. I put a new prop on it, pushed the nose back into an almost-straight position, and it flew just fine a half hour later. I also had one of the two Supermans at FF, but probably not the one you took pics of. Gryf posted a link earlier in the thread that included photos of mine (thanks, Gryf). Looks like your nephew had appropriate footwear for the mud (and Spiderman-themed, too!). I was glad I brought a bunch of extra pairs of dry socks...I used them all.

Oh cool, wasn't sure just who you were or if you were on the forums or not - totally forgot to ask :D

Only took me a few minutes to fix the broken linkage, just turned the servo arm 90 degrees and used the other two sides. But the firewall on my power pod was cracked and I didn't want to take the time to replace it so I decided to get crazy and fly my knuckle quad in the next combat instead since I had to take it apart to fit it into my luggage anyway :cool:

My nephew loved the supermen. Not sure if he saw yours or not, but he absolutely loved the one he did see flying before combat!

dokdirt

i was just about to post the exact same thing! Not sure how the wireless is out there, but would love to see some pics or vids.

coughcoughFLITEFESTWESTcoughcough

HAHA I was trolling with that on youtube. I wonder if they would have an issue if some members tried to organize one.....

Timmy P

I went barefoot for the first day.. Brought some low top hiking boots and those were nice once it got a little dryer.

Barefoot worked the best for sure. I was barefoot all Thursday and Friday. I also brought swimming trunks knowing it was going to rain off and on the first few days. So that worked great. I never stayed wet for more than a few minutes. It was like almost hippy status all day Thursday lol. It was a blast. I live here in Central Ohio so I'm a bit used to this rainy summer we have had so far. 29 days out of 34 have rained. You gotta adapt haha

Rames

Just a few of the gazillion pics I took.

loadout.jpg
The double-decker load out.
Giant Cargo Plane Friday.jpg
Pete's beast.
MrsFurey_runway_duty.jpg
Mrs. Furey to the rescue.

Hell2Go

I brought 23 planes and only flew 6. I'm an idiot. But I did sell one.

I kept trying to buy some of your planes but you said those weren't forsale!!! I brought about 18 planes and flew all but 2, they were just for show and tell. :rolleyes:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
How to make your first fixed wing flight even more exciting?

"Hey Balu, can you help me test this buddy box setup real quick?" -
"Uh, you do know I've never flown fixed wing before, right?" -
"Perfect! Let's go."

P1000144.JPG

Cleanup after combat:

P1000169.JPG