Flite Fest 2016 World Record

jakrabit

keep-all-the-fingers-crossed.jpeg

fingers crossed.gif

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Perhaps they are working on a record of their own? Longest record approval. Hm.

DharanFlyer

You might have it Balu.

Asked for an updated today;

"Thank you for your message. Due to the volume of applications that we have for review, and given the new extended evidence review time frame, I'd say that you should receive an response from us by the end of next week. Let me know if you have any further questions, and I'll reach out if we require anything further or once I've completed the review.

Kind regards and thank you for your patience."

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Happy anniversary World Record thread! Yep this thread turned 1 year old today. :D

Any news from Guinness Michael?

DharanFlyer

Haha! Hi, Sp0nz. I was 2 days off. I see the date the GWR all the time which was started which is 1 year ago on Sunday.

I literally just got a response from them from asking for an update this morning.

Their exact words were "...your application is in the very final stage of verification and that you should expect to hear back with the result any day now."

Like I've said they are very elusive on status as far as confirmed or not. My take is still promising based on them asking for all that updated info and the time they have spent processing it.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Cool! Thanks for the update. I just hope we get it and that it's official before Flite Fest in July. That and my fingers are cramping up from being crossed for so long. ;)

DharanFlyer

It's Offical!!

Just got the email.

"We are thrilled to inform you that your application for Most RC model aircraft airborne simultaneously has been successful and you are now the Guinness World Records Title Holder!"

It's on their page. I am sending them a message about the wording of the entry. I asked to to only list me as the coordinator like they had on the previous holder and that Flite Test & the Community should be given credit for the record.

To order to go the store page.

You will need to order a Certificate of Participation with the date of 7/16/2016 and Location of United States. You will be able to add your name to it once you are through the "adding to basket" function.

Updating the main post now.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
So much AWESOME!!

Thank you so much Michael for all your hard work, dedication and perseverance to see this thing through!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Awesome!!

And very glad we won't spend all of FF2017 asking what the status is on the world record attempt. :p