Flite Fest 2017 in review.

SpitKwad

Was my first flitefest ffe17

The experience was overall a good one, as mentioned by others mud played a big factor the first few days...but Woodstock was the same way and that didn't stop the music... plus free showers helped. If building in the build tent be sure and bring a powerbar/surgeprotector because outlet space is tight. I found a table without people working but no available outlets there were chargers plugged in without batteries charging and glue guns still plugged in but just being kept warm I suppose. Then once I got setup and gluing my ftarrow kit together some kid came up and unplugged my glue gun right when I was attaching my spar...just give someone a heads up if you're about to unplug their gear. I think part of this outlet problem could have been mitigated if Hitec would have had the battery charging station setup as they have in the past. but for some reason they dropped out last minute. Also there should be a night flight cut off time. As well as generator sound level guidelines which I thought there were but still I was kept up one night by a generator that never cut off until 3am only after its owner had fallen asleep and it ran out of fuel. That being said
The vendors are great and industry leading. the ftstore has the latest tech and good deals, and the camp fire Sparkle Pony show with the night flyers in the background was a highlight and something you must see, oh and the tinywhoop night races were so much fun. If you have been to Joe Nall or another big sanctioned event flitefest can feel a little more down to earth and less professional but frankly that's the Carm of it.

Gryf

Oh, the mud... we tracked so much mud out of Furey's field I wouldn't be surprised if their property value dropped. ;-)

Yeah, it was a great experience for us, but we did as in previous years and stayed at the Days Inn motel in Carrollton. Good advice on the power strips. We've brought our own, and that usually provided enough outlets that we could share with other builders. Or in our case, RE-builders...

Gryf