FLITE FEST EAST - IMPORTANT INFO!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Awesome!! Look forward to seeing you there in the land of tents!

Don't forget plenty of sunscreen and water bottles and a sun hat for the heat - and a rain coat, rain boots, and extra tarp or two in case we have a lot of rain and the field turns to a bit of a mud pit :black_eyed: Extra shoes and plenty of clean socks are good to have too.

And the last 'had to be there to see it secret' item I like having is a fold up wagon or luggage cart to haul gear and planes to the flight line and build tents.

therocketdoc

... hammock.

Camping is a great way to experience FF. I'd second the need for rain gear, and would recommend making sure you have stakes and line to secure the pop up canopy. As for hammocks, my son and I hung our hammocks last year, but we brought hammock stands (no trees). We built a pair of turtledog sytle hammock stands, and they worked great.

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Perhaps someone wants to play a card game with old an new friends.
The BETA Version of the "DIY CARD GAME: Foam Board Planes" is ready for download. Feedback is welcome!

cards.jpg

Free download & more informations via airc-pirates.com!

rcbif

sure you have stakes and line to secure the pop up canopy.

Or if we are expecting a storm, please just take the cover off your canopy so it does not become a projectile and impale somebody or their tent/ car :p

Had a heck of a front hit us last year (wed night?) with gusts 25mph+. The neighbor had an EZ-up with sidewalls and it took lots of long stakes, paracord, and a miracle for it to stay put. It still broke though, and it was a $200+ nice one.

kmwarman

New to flite fest this year.

Hi everyone: We are new to flite fest this year and I have a couple quick questions for some of the fest vets...

How do you charge batteries during the event?​

Are the build tents open for attendees throughout the event or are they reserved for special build events?​

Thanks!!

rcbif

Hi everyone: We are new to flite fest this year and I have a couple quick questions for some of the fest vets...

How do you charge batteries during the event?​

Are the build tents open for attendees throughout the event or are they reserved for special build events?​

Thanks!!

Either drop ot off at the venom booth for them to charge, or bring your own and charge in the build tent

And yes, build tents stay open.