Flite Fest East? Worth going?

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I think t The Kitchen pass is a GO! Early-Bird registered for everything. Will be camping on site, Planning on all days, and signed up to volunteer. This will be my first FF. Looking forward to meeting everyone! Probably bring a CX/ road bicycle along to get some exercise during the down time.... LOL! Or just get around.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Hmmm. I have thought about bringing a road bike to ride around, but eh... it's just so much stuff to pack.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I've thought about bringing a bike, but it seems like anywhere I want to walk, I need to be able to carry something with me too - planes, food, tools, etc. I saw someone with a bike trailer last year, but they seemed to have some challenges with crowd density at times. Personally, I was happy with my folding red garden wagon as a way to haul stuff around, and hitched a ride on one of the passing golf carts when my 'dogs were barking'.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I think t The Kitchen pass is a GO! Early-Bird registered for everything. Will be camping on site, Planning on all days, and signed up to volunteer. This will be my first FF. Looking forward to meeting everyone! Probably bring a CX/ road bicycle along to get some exercise during the down time.... LOL! Or just get around.

Cheers!
LitterBug
My first too. Looking forward to finally meet so many face to face, and fly too.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have a detachable "trunk" that snaps into a seat post mounted rack on my CX bike. Will probably do off-site riding in addition to around the site. (ie food/ice runs) Training for a century at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in October for Diabetes, so need to be getting in training miles. Want to break my previous 100 mile best (4:55:59 seat / 5:21:36 total) which I did there two years ago... :cool:

Cheers!
LitterBug

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
I love this thread... it is fantastic!! Just to see everyone way in on FF EAST and how it has becomes just a mainstay for so many people BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE they met and have made relationships with... SO COOL guys!

Also, JIM AND LITTERBUG.. SO EXCITED to finally meet you guys and we hope this this FF will be one to remember for both of you!! I have a pretty good feeling it will! ;)

Blessings everyone!

Stefan

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I love this thread... it is fantastic!! Just to see everyone way in on FF EAST and how it has becomes just a mainstay for so many people BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE they met and have made relationships with... SO COOL guys!

Also, JIM AND LITTERBUG.. SO EXCITED to finally meet you guys and we hope this this FF will be one to remember for both of you!! I have a pretty good feeling it will! ;)

Blessings everyone!

Stefan
It's certainly mutual Stefan. BTW, what do you mean by deuces?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
He flashes a peace sign when he does it. So I would assume thats FT version of peace out. Depending where you are from it has many other meanings. Even age has its own meanings with kids and number one and number two. For now I assume he means peace out and not hin calling us... well :p

FF17 East will be my first. It's an 8 hour drive for me from New Jersey. I plan on bringing some planes but most of all want to build some FT planes with my wife and teach her how to fly too. From what I've seen from all the video's, it is the reason I am driving 8 hours :)

Years ago, I've attended "fun fly's" with my flying club... This will be different, it's HUGE, fun, meeting new people, hopefully meeting the FT crew and flying with them... Spending time with wife on a mini vacation and camping for a few days...

I think you will LOVE IT too!!! You should go... :)

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
He flashes a peace sign when he does it. So I would assume thats FT version of peace out. Depending where you are from it has many other meanings. Even age has its own meanings with kids and number one and number two. For now I assume he means peace out and not hin calling us... well :p

For a peace sign, the inside of the hand is shown, not the back.

I've tried to tell Stefan that his sign is basically like showing a middle finger in the UK... :)

http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_...up_yours_gesture_looks_like_a_peace_sign.html

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
For a peace sign, the inside of the hand is shown, not the back.

I've tried to tell Stefan that his sign is basically like showing a middle finger in the UK... :)

http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_...up_yours_gesture_looks_like_a_peace_sign.html

Here the phrase "Peace out" was started in the hood. They all flash gang signs with the back of their hand showing and the peace out backwards thing comes from that. Its all in one hand motion as they flash the gang sign then say good bye with the peace out thing.

The younger generations seem to get more education from rap videos these days then from schools which is why things like that are popular.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I'm fortunate to have FF almost in my back yard. 2.5 hours from the house. Just wish they were closer so I could get a job with them. That would be a bit of a commute to make every day. LOL

Cheers!
LitterBug

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
I can tell you that this is the best community event you will find anywhere in the world! I have made so many friends, now family at this event. I have been to every one at the OG FliteFest Furey Field, and I drive 13+ hours to get there. It doesn't matter if you bring something to fly or not, this is like a family reunion without all of the drama!!!

These people are my family and I would not give up a chance to be with them for close to a week!

_DSC0001.jpg

Gryf

It really is a family reunion. And if the folks you meet don't feel like family, wait about an hour... ;-)

I've been to all three FF East events so far; the first year, we met a few guys who asked if we could share our shelter with them. The second and third years, we saved space for them. Now it's just assumed we'll meet up again this year. Like I said, family!

By all means, try to make it out this year. I remember thinking after the first year that FF is a mountaintop experience in a flat field... go figure, but true.

Gryf

Erospace

Having discovered Flite Test less than a year ago, FFE17 will be my first event. I'll be attending with my father who is driving 13 hours with a van full of camping gear and airplanes. I live 5 hours from the event.