Flite Fest South East? November 2017?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
FTFF South? Yes :cool:

November? Hopefully . . . you've just heard as much as much as I have on their schedule. If it will, it'll firm up more in the next few months. You know as well as anyone that FT leaks like a sieve when there's something exciting coming.

And the site they're looking at . . . It'll be amazing :D

GameSharkster

Same here!! I live in Lucedale, Mississippi and I've always felt very isolated from the rc and fpv communities out there. I would be more than willing to go to Flite Fest South!!!

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Definitely looking forward to an announcement for the location of FF South since it was confirmed in today's vlog. Both East and West are a solid 24 hr drive from here. Hoping that they bring one here to TX :D.

bitogre

I thought I heard in a recent podcast that it might be done in conjunction with Aviator PPG which is locate just south of Orlando Florida. I would love it if it were there as it is just over 3 hours from me and I have to drive past there to go most other places it would likely be.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
East, West and South are on the new FliteFest shirts!

IMG_2056.PNG

MrFowl

Any update on FF South?

I know it's been in the works for a while, and I was assuming we would get an update in the latest vlog (Flite Fest West and FT Noobies | FTP 158), but no such luck, not even an honorable mention :(

I live in FL and don't get much vacation time so this would be amazing for me, especially if it was near Orlando like the rumors are saying *fingers crossed*

bitogre

Yeah, taking the family from Florida to Ohio just isn't practical. Bring on Flite Fest South!

I guess that depends on what you consider "practical". I live in Coral Springs, FL which is several hours south of Gainesville, FL and have driven to every FliteFest in Ohio. For me, California is not practical but Ohio is.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
I guess that depends on what you consider "practical". I live in Coral Springs, FL which is several hours south of Gainesville, FL and have driven to every FliteFest in Ohio. For me, California is not practical but Ohio is.
I personally consider a 12 hour drive within practicality. Then, you are only using 2 days total for travel, and 1-2 days at the event. Then you can minimize any vacation days you have to take from work, or too much hotel costs for those of that don't own any camping gear. All 3 locations so far would be 20+ hours trips, and just require too many days off and travel cost. Especially doing all of the driving there alone.

jaredstrees

If it was just me, no problem. Got a 7 and 3 year old though. Too far for them. We did North Carolina this winter and that 9 hours was pushing it, and that was staying for a week. Turning them around after just a couple days would be too much. Maybe in a few years, but not now. So bring us a Southern Flite Fest!

RC Mama

I know everyone wants to know....but just wondering if we will find out about South before we make plans for Ohio?? We are in Georgia, so South is def in for us....just would hate to make all the plans for East and then cancel them if a South happens. Thanks!! :)

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
I know everyone wants to know....but just wondering if we will find out about South before we make plans for Ohio?? We are in Georgia, so South is def in for us....just would hate to make all the plans for East and then cancel them if a South happens. Thanks!! :)

No need to cancel, just do both. That is my plan. :)

jason0648

It seems that Flite Fest South may be in Florida, just south of Orlando! b35f1a525b6971c1222f12da51d2f032.png
I live about an Hour and 30 minutes away from the area, so this would be great!

Liam B

I'm getting pretty pumped about this! I won't be able to make it to East this year, but I could make it to south with the airfare miles that I have. Wow, then I could say I've been at every Flite Fest, south east and west!