Flite Fest South East? November 2017?

jaredstrees

Nice! I will have to build one. I don't watch a lot of videos online, time doesn't permit it so usually see the new releases on the forum. Thanks!

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie

Austin says this is the 7th FliteFest.

Did I miss one?

1) 2014 East
2) 2015 East
3) 2016 East
4) 2017 West
5) 2017 East
6) 2017 South

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Your count is good, but that depends on the "named" flitefests.

In '13 FT hosted an "open house" that was so popular that they decided next open house was going to be a fun-fly . . . you know, with 100 or so friends who drop by to fly nearby . . . and it spun out of control from there into what we all now know as FTFF.

Austin may be thinking of this . . . or he may just have miscounted ;)

Well two friends and I will be coming from Melbourne Florida(about an hour) and tent camping there. I’m going to bring as much as I can fit in the car, but I plan on building a lot there as well. I already have prepped my night wings for a lot of night flying.

Remember to plan for everything. Bring some bug spray if you aren’t down with skeeter bites! It’s Florida in November, it could be in the 40’s at night or in the 80’s all night. It could be dry(most likely) or monsoon. Good thing about Florida though, if you don’t like the weather, wait 5 minutes.

Can’t wait to meet you guys!

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Your count is good, but that depends on the "named" flitefests.

In '13 FT hosted an "open house" that was so popular that they decided next open house was going to be a fun-fly . . . you know, with 100 or so friends who drop by to fly nearby . . . and it spun out of control from there into what we all now know as FTFF.

Austin may be thinking of this . . . or he may just have miscounted ;)

Perhaps that is the case. Good deduction, sir.

nwnugget

Got my tickets. Now I'll have to gather all my stuff into one place. Is there a forum for posting things for sale or trade at the event?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Got my tickets. Now I'll have to gather all my stuff into one place. Is there a forum for posting things for sale or trade at the event?

NWNugget, haven't seen one yet. Go ahead and start a thread!

Mjwarch

Josh mentioned in the last podcast that he likes to release a new, easy to build plane just prior to every Flitefest. He then went on to say that it would probably be a Simple Scout

Mjwarch

Podcast: CRAZY BUILD PROJECTS!! | FTP 174
is where he speaks for several minutes about the Simple Scout release for Flitefest South

drnanda.nair

I will be bringing the following:
1. Apprentice S Mini
2. E Flite Radian (regular)
3. Bloody Wonder MK III
4. FT Delta
5. FT Versa

I am thinking about building a FT Simple Cub there. Everybody seems to love the FT Simple Cub.
Planning on using the DTFB planes for combat!! I can't wait for combat. It would be my 1st Flitefest and my 1st Combat!!!

jaredstrees

Getting ready to go! Got the bloody Wonder MKIII wrapped up, just needs some landing gear! MM Corsair is up next!

MKIIIA.JPG

MKIIIB.JPG

I’m trying to develop a plan of what I want to bring and or build there. I built a quick delta that uses one sheet of foam board and take like ten minutes to build. It’s a blast to fly so I may try that one. I also have a forward swept plane that is in ‘design’ phase right now that I may maiden at FFSE

varg

Build cheap, crash cheap
What time should I plan on getting there? When do things start and wrap up? I'm trying to figure out if I should book a hotel for the night, it's only a ~2.5 hour drive for me so if things are over around sunset I can easily drive home. If things run late, I'll get a hotel and stop at the Stuart Airshow on the way home Sunday :applause:

BoostedVolvo; just what kind of boosted Volvo do you have? I used to have a Volvo 240 with a B21FT running over 20psi of boost. Now I have an E30 BMW running 14psi on the M20, which is like a 6 cylinder redblock with a much better cylinder head.

Last edited: