• Welcome to the new Flite Test Forum home! Please note that the migration is still undergoing and certain content, user privileges or features may be missing or limited until the transition is complete. Thank you!

Flite Fest South East? November 2017?

Bring your Night Flyers

My biggest problem with FliteFest East is that the sun is up too much so there is not a lot of time for night flying (sunset being about 9pm and it being twilight until after I have gone to bed). That will not be a problem for FliteFest South. Daylight hours will be from 7:39am to 6:40pm with good night flying being from 8:00pm to 6:20am (sunrise/sunset times found at www.timeanddate.com). So let us light up the night sky at FliteFest South with well lit planes.

Just got back from some preparation flying! I live about an hour from lake wales(same latitude), and let me tell you.. If the weather is anything like it was tonight, y'all are in for a real treat. I maidened a KFM2 30" wing that was a dream to fly, and the baby brit! I can't wait to see y'all at Flite Fest South!

Something awesome to note about flite fest south’s location is that it is really close to many fast food chains, a Walmart, a dollar tree, and even rural king ��

JimCR120

Site Moderator
How nice. Here in Maine (also called downeast) we've had a bit of a wind thing going on with rain. Schools are closed, power was off for a bit, and my hen house is laying flat.

Enjoy your weather.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
How nice. Here in Maine (also called downeast) we've had a bit of a wind thing going on with rain. Schools are closed, power was off for a bit, and my hen house is laying flat.

Enjoy your weather.
Sounds like perfect building weather! What'cha got on the work bench? :p

JimCR120

Site Moderator
Sounds like perfect building weather! What'cha got on the work bench? :p
Funny you ask, my workbench is on the workbench. I'm building a few mobile workbenches so I can work, store, and adapt them for what I'm working on. Each is 24"x48"x36" and since they are identical and mobile I can butt them up against each other to increase the working spaces. They have a convenient size for storage in my modest workspace. I have one mostly done and another just the tabletop but their fairly simple to throw together.
IMG_1724.jpg IMG_1725.jpg

I do have something more RC related too. I have this print of the XF5F for the WWII challenge. With the tables fgetting done I can get this off the livingroom floor which takes more energy to get up from lately.
IMG_1723.jpg